• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Red fataliis from Justaguy

So I recieved my bag of Red Fataliis yesterday afternoon and they look great. I only had to toss one. Theres something about WA that makes it hard to get peppers with in the window given. I beleive I got mine a day after everyone else. I think the USPS up here are extremely lazy. :) Ohwell, outside of the one they look awesome. Still crisp and bright red. He also threw in a Naga Morich.
Here they are
101_0412.jpg

101_0413.jpg

So thanks a lot Justaguy for the peppers! :cheers:

Now, what to do with them....
Aaron

They look delicious. They are screaming burger and a side pepper to me, but that's not even a start on that big load.

I was thinking sauce, but after tasting I don't think that would do them justice. However they are not as citrisy as the yellow ones at all.
Aaron

I was thinking sauce, but after tasting I don't think that would do them justice. However they are not as citrisy as the yellow ones at all.
Aaron
I just got a pack of these seeds from Justaguy and I was really wondering what the flavor and heat was like. They are nice looking peppers for sure, but could you possibly do a review so I know what to expect?

I just got a pack of these seeds from Justaguy and I was really wondering what the flavor and heat was like. They are nice looking peppers for sure, but could you possibly do a review so I know what to expect?

Alright, so here we go

I cut one of these in half and popped it in my mouth, I chewed it for a while and swallowed it down. The flavor, unlike the yellow fatalii, was very slight citrus followed by a mild fruit flavor. It took about 20 seconds for the heat to catch up to the flavor and after about a minute the full affect of the heat was on. It got the throat and back of the mouth, however it only lasted for about 4 min. Overall I give the heat a generous 8.5 and the flavor a 7.5 as it is not as good as the yellow fatali in my opinion.
Thanks,
Aaron

Edit: post a picture later today of the other half

Sounds kinda like a Caribbean Red with a bit more heat, and I love the Caribbean Red. It's going to be a definite grow for me now.

I never had a Caribbean red, but from my understanding it would be close to a red savina. If that's true then yes it is similar with the exception of the heat.
Happy growing
Aaron

Yeah they are like a red savina with more heat and a hint of citrus. Prefer the true Fatalii and the Fatalii bed will be full of the true Fatalii's next year, but these are tasty in their own right. Glad I threw in an extra ounce so that one you tossed still left you more then your order.

+1, should have mentioned that earlier. Even without it it's still an awesome bag of peppers for the price you gave me. Much appreciated on that.
Aaron

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/18976-first-batch-of-apple-hot-sauce

Checked out that recipe. It sounds perfect my house due to my wife. I might have to cut back the fatalii count for her but she's going to love it as well as me! If I cut the fatalii count is it going to disrupt the flavor? Just want to make sure otherwise more for me! ;)
Aaron

actually the fatalii count should be cu unless you are making 30 bottles.
3 fatalii's for about 15 oz in the end would be about right and the flavor is good with true Fatalii. Have yet to try it with Red's

Back