for-sale Red Ghost Original Strain Plants for sale

wrinklenuts said:
Are you going to have seeds available for these peppers? Thanks!
I'm going to plant a hundred, maybe this weekend, to test the germination rate. Assuming it's still halfway decent, yes, I'll have both seeds and plants.

Also, I grew some of these plants in isolation this year, so I definitely have viable seeds, albeit one generation further removed from the original. Not nearly as many as of the older seeds, but enough for most THPer's needs, I think.

Sawyer said:
I'm going to plant a hundred, maybe this weekend, to test the germination rate. Assuming it's still halfway decent, yes, I'll have both seeds and plants.

Also, I grew some of these plants in isolation this year, so I definitely have viable seeds, albeit one generation further removed from the original. Not nearly as many as of the older seeds, but enough for most THPer's needs, I think.
I would really like to buy like 10-16 seeds if possible.

Wunnerful, wunnerful.

Put me down for plants and seed!

edited to correct spelling of wunnerful.  Although most of you kids are to young to get the joke.
Sawyer said:

Hey, everyone, sorry for taking so long to get back to you all.  Yes, I definitely have seeds and anticipate having plants.  I didn't get the germination test planted back at the first of December, but I have no reason to expect them not to germinate at least at a 50% rate or better.  I forget what I got last year, higher than 60%, I think.

I grew some of these ghosts in isolation last year.  (In a rain garden way up on the banks of the upper White River, east of St. Paul, AR.) Those seeds should certainly yield a very high germination rate, though they are another generation removed from the original.  I don't have nearly as many of these, but probably enough to supply hobby growers.

For seeds, just a buck or two to cover postage and gas to the post office.  PM me for details.  If you're in a hurry and into it, I have these listed on eBay.  (the older seeds, not the '18 harvest, and more expensive)  Orders there I can probably get in the mail on Saturday.  Otherwise Monday is likely the earliest I can get things together.

If eBay and PayPal both rub you the wrong way, PM me and we'll figure something out.

I have other seeds available, too, though only the Papa Dreadie are for sure isolated.  I'll try to get an inventory put together Sunday.

Once I turn on the germination chamber, I want to maximize its productivity.  It holds 8 standard 1020 nursery flats and I have some 96 cell inserts.  If anyone is interested in plants, let me know.  I can probably even start your own seeds for you if you don't have the setup or want the hassle.

I'm also starting a lot of other types of plants, (e.g. moringa), but I'll start a separate thread for that.

What's kept me busy lately is a final push to get my hot pepper candy in stores before the holidays.  It took almost a whole year and around 20 test batches to get the product the way I want it and all the legalities addressed.  This is the stuff I first offered in this forum ad back in May:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/68406-hot-pepper-fudge-for-sale

It's all good now.  I don't call it fudge anymore, but rather Lava Bar hot pepper candy.  I'll update that ad soon, but will honor the $1/oz price + shipping for anyone who wants to try some.  If you want to see pictures of the final product and package, it, too, is listed on eBay.  You can order there, but it will be cheaper to pm me here.  That batch is vanilla orange, but I also have cherry vanilla and hazelnut coffee in stock.  (No labels for the latter, yet.)

I'm going to the commercial kitchen tomorrow to make a new batch.  Haven't yet decided on the flavor.

Sawyer has been one of the best straight shooting guys I've meet on this forum.
I still haven't killed two of the original ghost plants I got from him, and if you haven't tried the laval bar, your in for a treat.
Rock on John and best wishes to you and yours in 2019.

I updated my "available for trade" list in my profile. All of those are available for trade or purchase as seeds immediately. Plants to be available by request and prior arrangement.

In addition to the original isolated ghost, I have seeds from isolated plants grown last year, as noted above.

The Papa Dreadie seeds are also isolated and are from an OW plant grown from one of the original 4 seeds Windchicken sent to me.

Everything else is not isolated, but I saw very, very few honey bees in '18. So it seems likely most will be true to type.

Sawyer said:
I updated my "available for trade" list in my profile. All of those are available for trade or purchase as seeds immediately. Plants to be available by request and prior arrangement.

In addition to the original isolated ghost, I have seeds from isolated plants grown last year, as noted above.

The Papa Dreadie seeds are also isolated and are from an OW plant grown from one of the original 4 seeds Windchicken sent to me.

Everything else is not isolated, but I saw very, very few honey bees in '18. So it seems likely most will be true to type.
We need to trade. Ill pm you soon.

trinidadman said:
looking for plants red bhut jolokia original strain. if you have any this year i would like to purchase 12 to 24 plants thanks.
I'll have plenty later on. Will likely begin starting seeds this Sunday. If you're looking for something right away, I can't help.

This is surprising. I didn't think a plant would survive being mailed. My mind went to a UPS sort of vehicle with grow lights that would be driven to your house.

cycadjungle said:
I got a bunch of his plants last year, and they were great. I have fresh pods sitting on 3 of them right now. The fudge was pretty dam good too!
Hey, Tom, glad to hear at least some of the plants are hanging in there.  I looked back at my notes and that was last May when I sent the plants and candy sample.  The candy is vastly improved now, imo.  Not as crumbly and more consistent batch to batch.  Also, appropriately packaged and labeled and FDA approved.  Hope you have a great grow in 2019.

Ruid said:
This is surprising. I didn't think a plant would survive being mailed. My mind went to a UPS sort of vehicle with grow lights that would be driven to your house.
Hi, Mike, I think I didn't have 100% success with sending plants last year, but the vast majority of them survived.  I like your "plant limo" idea.  If I ever again have money to burn, I want to build a smallish Arduino-controlled environmentally-controlled shipping container to ship plants in ultimate comfort.  Maybe just send a plant on an around the country tour to different THPers to open up, take a picture and send the plant on its way.

Back