• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Red Hawk Premium Holy Alimony Superhot Garlic Sauce!

I have been meaning to write this review since Dan sent me a variety of his sauces in the fall. However, a pregnant wife on bed rest and now a 2 month old combined with our 2 1/2 daughter who is not adjusting well to the change, has prevented me from writing sooner.

First thing I noticed about the Holy Alimony Superhot Garlic sauce is it's thickness. Personally, I love a good thick sauce that almost makes you want to chew it. When compared to Dan's other sauces this one is by far the thickest of the bunch. I drank a bottle one night in December and I found the texture to be very pleasing on the palate. The first thing that hits the back of your throat is a sweet onion taste, then the garlic (which may or not may not be roasted, I would say roasted), finally the heat which, in addition to, the usual cayenne/thai peppers, has 7 Pot Douglahs and Brainstrains. There is a very slight tomato taste and even a hint of the olive oil which is noted on the label near the bottom of the ingredients. In fact, I think it is the olive oil which makes all of the ingredients work so well together. Sitting here eating tablespoon after tablespoon, the olive oil works absolutely wonderfully in combination with the superhots and the tomato paste. I'm not sure I taste much of the Fresno/Cayenne/Thai peppers however I don't feel I am missing much. There is a sugary element to it which I think comes from the red onion.

This is an absolutely stunner of a sauce! I don't think it would work well on hot wings because of the red onion unless one likes their wings hot and sweet. I think this would make the perfect Pad Thai condiment because it would go extremely well with the tamarind in the dish. Further, I would not hestitate to put this sauce on lighter dishes like fish or seafood.

Overall, Dan@Red Hawk Premium Peppers has created a lovely little number here. While the heat isn't overbearing despite the superhots, I think it's consistency and chewiness (for lack of a better word) makes it one of my favourites in his range.

I am hoping to get the time next week to review his Rocoto Loco sauce...

THIS SAUCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Conor

Nice review Conor, the sauce sounds terrific!
Gonna have to get my order in for some soon. I've been meaning to order some others as well.
Guess I need to get off my butt and make it happen.

Back