• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Red Hawk Premium Peppers Line of Sauces

midwestchilehead

Extreme Member
The first sauce of Dan's I tried is "Red Hawk Premium Peppers Grounds For Divorce Hot Garlic Sauce."

This is the first of 5 bottles of Dan's sauce I bought. I cracked it open to try on a breakfast burrito. The bottle says the ingredients are "all natural from locally grown peppers. No additives or preservatives."

Ingredients list includes Water, sweet onion, thai type peppers, vinegar (rice & white), jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, garlic, tomato paste, sugar, kosher salt, soy sauce, chives, olive oil and citric acid.

The sauce is moderately thick. You have to shake the bottle a bit to get some on your spoon. The color and texture is very similar to Sriracha, but the texture is a little more coarse, with small chunks of of pepper, garlic and onion visible in the sauce.

Garlic and onion flavors are front and center, followed by a nice, mellow heat and a blend of flavors. If you like Sriracha, you will love this sauce. Comes in a 5 oz. woozy. It costs $6.00 Available soon at www.redhawkpeppers.com but if you can't wait that long, send Dan a p.m.

Red Hawk Premium Peppers Habanero Honey BBQ Sauce

This is no ordinary sweet, thick, tangy bbq sauce. It is more like a hot sauce than a bbq sauce. The heat of the chocolate habaneros and cayennes hits right off the bat, then mellows with the sweet tones of brown sugar and honey. I tried it on some fried chicken (I know, not your traditional bbq food, but it was all I had handy), and it gave it a nice, spicy kick without overpowering the chicken. The chocolate habs seem to have a smoky flavor reminiscent of toasted Cumin, but there is no Cumin in this sauce. The sauce is truly unique, and I can't really compare it to any others that I have tasted. I'm looking forward to trying it on some grilled chicken or smoked pork.

I had a bottle of the first production run, which was so thick that I could not get it out of the bottle. Dan says for the second run he increased the amount of honey, molasses, garlic and brown sugar, and the result was a thinner sauce with the same heat but less "bite" of chocolate hab.

Ingredients include: Sweet onions, ketchup, hot peppers (chocolate habaneros & cayennes), water, honey, olive oil, garlic, vinegar (red wine and white distilled), molasses, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, corn starch, white pepper and black pepper.

Habanero Honey BBQ Sauce is $7 per 5 oz woozy. Until the Red Hawk Premium Peppers website is up, you can order by sending Redtail Forster a PM.

Red Hawk Premium Peppers Fiery Pineapple Preserves

Well, for breakfast I planned on my standard peanut butter on toast with some Calvin's 2.0 sprinkled on top, but when the bread was toasty, I remembered I had a jar of Red Hawk Premium Peppers Fiery Pineapple Preserves I have been wanting to try. The golden goo is flecked with red specks of pepper and as soon as I opened the lid, I knew Dan must have used lots of peppers because I didn't smell any pineapple.

The ingredients list includes Sugar, Fatalii peppers, Pineapple, Habanero type peppers, distilled white vinegar, onion, fruit pectin and citric acid.

When Dan says these preserves are fiery, he means it! I was expecting standard jelly sweet with maybe a little heat, but boy was I surprised. The hab and fatalii flavors are noticeable right up front, followed by the taste of sweet, but not overly sweet, pineapple. After a couple bites of toast, I had to head to the refrigerator and pour myself a glass of milk. The heat lingers for a couple of minutes before subsiding to a nice glow. If you like heat with a little sweet, give this one a try.

Fiery Pineapple preserves are $7 per 9 oz. jar. Until the Red Hawk Premium Peppers website is up, you can order by sending Redtail Forster a PM.

Hey! This is epic. Dan's barbeque sauces is like heaven for me. I've tried Habanero Hot just a few hours ago. It adds unique flavor to every dish. Must have on my kitchen! :dance:

Back