• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Red Savina Breakfast Quesadilla with Pink Sauce

Please excuse my temporary lack of picture quality and presentation skills but Holy Sh*t this turned out tasty!

Spread.jpeg

2013-11-05_08-14-21_288.jpg

2013-11-05_08-15-09_852.jpg

Ingredients:

tortillas of your choice (i had Mission flour fajita tortillas just layin around wanting some action)
turkey sausage (i didn't feel like turkey burgers so I bbq'd them anyways and chopped them up at 7:30am...f*ck yeah!)
Eggs (pretty important)
Pickled Red Savina Hab (bought from the grocery store where I learned of their existence)
Sharp Cheddar cheese (also sitting around lonely wanting some love)
Tomato (is there a "Chili Head" that doesn't like Tomato?)
Sour Cream (straight "Daisy" bitches)
limes (should have been partying with the "Pink Sauce" but I forget about them...damnit!)
CILANTRO! 
Butter (because it's BUTTER)
Celery Salt?  (You're damn right celery salt)
Salt and Pepper (them two "Bs" you can't get rid of)
Boar's Head Jalapeno Sauce (The girl that holds me over until I can find something better....)

How I accomplished this:

Spread melted butter mixed with celery salt on one tortilla then turned it over

On the dry side I layered all main ingredients, but the Boar's Head Jalapeno Sauce and Sour Cream
(eggs were scrambled and turkey was cooked course) 

Covered with another tortilla and put on a medium heated cask iron skillet

While one side is getting some grill marks (about 2 minutes), mix Sour Cream and Hot Sauce in a dipping dish to get a nice solid pink color (lime would have been nice in this)

Turn Quesadilla over (with caution, it got a little messy) for about 1-2 more minutes

Set aside, cut, plate, and enjoy.

1)  turkey..... come on man...... even the patties look void of life...at least add some bacon for compensations sake  ;)

2) pickled red savina?  uh, what?  f*$^(#@ smart

3)   it is 2 a.m. and I would still (still?  hell, with beer munchies, especially) eat that.  Well done    :drunk:

Back