Red Savina

Red Savina From Refining Fire Chiles. You can find all your peppers, plants and seeds at www.superhotchilies.com.
I found this pepper to be surprisingly hot, more stingy hot, than I expected. This would be great in sauces or salsa.
Flavor 4/10
Heat 6/10

Description

The Red Savina-Maybe after 2006 it was no longer the World record holder for heat at 550,000 Scoville units. But it is still one of the Hottest Chiles in the World and has a great flavor too!A great Habanero for the novice gardener. Plant produces an abundance of huge red flavorful pods. Genuine Red Savina seeds are only sold through authorized dealers that get their seeds from Frank Garcia. Red Savina seeds are F1 which means you will get Red Savina peppers when you grow them but the seeds will not give you Red Savina seeds next year because they are F1 Hybrid. That is why the pics you see on other ads do not look like mine. They are Caribbean Red pics or Congo Red pics. I buy from a seed dealer. Yes I grow them but I do not sell seeds of these from my own peppers. Because the seeds will not grow out to be true Red Savina. So keep in mind that it is worthless for you to save seeds from any F1 Hybrid whether its a Red Savina or a Tomato. And if anyone says these seeds are from their own garden.... well I need not say anything more. Use caution when handling any hot pepper or pepper seed and keep out of the reach of children.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L8ouVevxP-c

Very nice review.  Our local grocery store started stocking these in place of regular habs recently, I guess because the regular tabs had been looking terrible for awhile.   I bought a bunch and tried one, and was supprised at the level of heat.  I'm making a mash of them now and should make a decent sauce.

Hey Smokin James from Enumscratch! The Red Savina is one of my favorites. Top 1 anyway. lol But Judy's Red Savina Powder and Sicman's Peño powder are used more in my kitchen than my microwave. Red Savina's are no joke, and who cares about "the worlds hottest" anymore anyway?

Welcome to THP! I am just over the hill from you in Twisp (near Winthrop). 

Hey, is that bakery still there in Black Diamond? That bread is second to none.

Back