• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Register for the February Throwdown

What do you want to cook? Pick that region!

• Arizona Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carolina Panthers (North and South)

• Chicago Bears

• Cleveland Browns

• Dallas Cowboys

• Denver Broncos

• Detroit Lions

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• Minnesota Vikings

• New York Giants (NYC)

• Oakland Raiders

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
VIEW POLL BEFORE VOTING AND ONLY CHOOSE AN AVAILABLE OPTION

The February TD will be by registration only via this form (poll) but it will remain open during the TD, so you can still enter on the fly (and there will be selections left as there are 32!)

What am I talking about?

The next TD is Super Bowl weekend! So instead of everyone cooking random food the day of the SB, we're going to celebrate this country's great food! (Anyone from any country can enter!)

The NFL has 32 teams. You pick the team's hometown food you want to cook by selecting a team in the poll. This is your registration in the TD, first come first serve, one team per person.

Do your best to represent the actual area in the team name, whether it's a city, state, or region (New England, Carolinas). The idea being iconic "casual grub" known to be served in that area.

TDs last 4 days so you don't have to cook the day of the game, but this should be "casual grub" that can be enjoyed during a game or get together. The Super Bowl is often pizza and wings (still good choices but...) this lets you expand your horizons on game day, or, stick to your finger foods on game day, and cook for the TD one of the other days! (Or prep, hint hint, smoking, etc.)

Philly's famous sandwich? BBQ or Cajun? Lobsta? Cheese?!! Don't forget the birthplace of wings has a team! So many choices represent iconic food! You can even riff on a famous restaurant, like how Pittsburgh is known for fries on top of a sandwich thanks to one restaurant. Cincinnati and Detroit have similar stories. You don't have to pick your favorite team or your own hometown, simply pick what you want to cook, by choosing the poll option above!

If your #1 choice is taken, please don't be afraid to research an area's food and enter, ALL of these are great food areas!

haha

tru dat

Tony Luke's uses real provolone for example... ;)

A sampler platter is allowed if all the pieces fit the challenge. ;)

hogleg said:
This outta be a good one! Voting will be tricky too, My heart will say vote for the cheesesteak but then what if someone kills it for Dallas or Oakland, I will be so fricken annoyed if I feel they deserve the vote. :rofl:
Oakland? I'm pretty sure the Dairy Queen drive thru doesn't count. :Rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice! If I had to guess, lobster roll on buckwheat bun :rofl: hehehehehe!

dragonsfire said:
Well Im excited !! lots of my faves in my choice :) :dance:

SmokenFire said:
uhh... it's the LA chargers now...

I fixed it in the poll, I already went through this with Rams and TC contacted me. Now this and the poll is off alphabetically again.

Can you tell I don't watch football?

Scoville DeVille said:
Oakland? I'm pretty sure the Dairy Queen drive thru doesn't count. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hold your horses brother. Oakland is known for having some of the best taco trucks in the nation, a handful of badass real bbq joints, and of course Jack Londons oysters. A raider theme would be no slouch. btw..the raiders SUCK!!!

CheriLBW said:
So how about foods that we actually cooked for Superbowl parties when I lived in WI?
Cause there are some odd ones with Green bay

Do your thing!

hogleg said:

Hold your horses brother. Oakland is known for having some of the best taco trucks in the nation, a handful of badass real bbq joints, and of course Jack Londons oysters. A raider theme would be no slouch. btw..the raiders SUCK!!!
You better do it!!!!

Back