seed-train Register now for the 2017 "seed train" already in progress

To be on this list you must have been on the hot pepper for at least 4 months and have at least 45 posts to the forums (if you have not been on the forums for 4 months or more and with at least 45 posts then have a member with 6 months or more experience vouch for you)

So here is how the train will work. The main number of first round recipients will be at 10, with a wait list of 5 additional names. Once we have 10 people sign up we will pull names at random to determine your place in line. After all 10 on round 1 have had a chance to participate the train will pick up those on the wait list, then return to me to before we start all over again.

Shipping will be done via USPS in a flat rate box with tracking of course. Once you receive the package you will have 3 days to decide what you want as well as what you have claimed and what you have added to this good little box of goodness.

Due to risk of breakage, leakage and space constraints, sauces, and pepper jellies, will not be allowed, however Powders and dried pods are acceptable.

To be fair do not take 5 packs of seeds and replace it with 1 pack of bell pepper seeds. Doing so will result in the fun being taken out of the train and banishment. There are plenty of nice people here that are more than happy to help you get started on your pepper variety. Once you take seeds, dried pepper pods, or powders please be sure to replace with an equal amount and something comparable to what was taken so we can keep the fun on the tracks.

To ship to the next on the train please be sure to pm them to get their name and proper address when you first receive your precious package of pepper goodness as to keep the train from spinning its wheels at the station. If contact with the next in line can not be made after 3 days, they will be temporarily taken out of line. Other accommodations will be made on a case by case basis.

Any other comments, idea, constructive criticisms are welcomed!

Also I feel it's important to add that this seed train is for everyone and not the possession of any one individual. My intervention will be Minimal. If at any point I can not fulfill my obligations a backup will be appointed.

You can throw me on the wait list. By then I may need to refill some of the seed types I shared from the previous train.

I just want to add that this will not be the final order in which the package gets sent. Once we fill the sign up list all the names will go into a hat and pulled at random just to make it fair.

1. Jeffcontonio
2. Hardcore
3.mpicante
4.midwestchilehead
5.bpiela
6.magged out

Wait list:

1. Dan piepho

Back