vendor Reimer Seeds

I decided to start growing superhots this year and I ordered from this company. I saw they had an abundant selection and was impressed. After 3 months of growing, I have been finding out slowly that the superhots I planted did not even come close to what I thought I was growing. Instead of having 3 awesome Chocolate Habanero plants I have 3 green bell pepper plants. My Devils Tongue plants started out promising and it looks like they are actually going to be Anaheim peppers. They couldn't even try to trick me with Jalapenos or something? They don't return my emails and I saw some places on line that have multiple complaints about these same things. I am super angry and I had to share. I wasted my whole natural growing season with varieties I don't even buy at the store. Beware!

Unfortunately there are several companies out there that are the same --- and Ebay, Amazon, etc. don't help much since they close the ability for comments shortly after you purchase so there is no way to post complaints after the seeds grow and turn out to not be as advertised.

Good thing is you have found this Forum which has very good info on companies - Just look through the listings here and you'll find several sources for plants and seeds that usually grow true !

Wow another victim? I've read a LOT of complaints here and other places about Reimer's. In all honesty I doubt they could make that many honest mistakes. The problem is most people will chalk up their loss since it's not substantial, but what they don't realize is growers put in a lot of time, money, and effort into growing their seeds.

I would file a complaint with the BBB and request repayment not only for the seeds, but for the soil, water, ferts etc that you spent money on to grow fake plants. If every Reimer victim took that route the BBB would step in and possible start fining them or better yet take away their license for fraud.

I know it's a bit late to get started this year, but If you need choc hab seeds I may have a few spare I can send ya.

While I have not ordered from Reimer seeds.

My first impression was - this is a nice presentation for the website.

However as I did click further to order my product... I saw the warning signs.

Would you like to insure this

Would you like expedited shipping

and a few others that just started to stack my costs... All the while recalling people who have had bad financial experiences with companies that really try to push the entire stacked costs on checkout.

I don't know about their seeds, but I do know they didn't PASSIVELY leave checkboxes, they ACTIVELY - full screen - each step of the way made sure I could evaluate each one of those costly extras.

If the product is $3, and by the time I check out ? I'm at $15 ?

All I can say is - I'm hedgy on sites that push for all the extras to be tagged on to the order.

I COULD ASK ? Why ? Are you expecting the US post office to screw up ? Will I not get it if I don't insure it ? Why so much too.

Either way- Reimer MAY be okay ? as to seed quality ? but I simply can't afford to shop at Reimer.

And it just leaves me worried that if I don't get all those extras- will I even get my package.

Just me- maybe I didn't add much here to the conversation.

I have definitely been tempered, and I appreciate all of your guys' replies and input. It was all I could do to not go yank the dang plants from the ground. Now that I have calmed down, I can tell you the BBB has been notified.

LGHT, if you have some Choc Hab seeds you would like to part with. PM me and we can work out a deal! I have plenty of space and I live in So Cal so overwintering is not much of a problem. I don't mind missing this season anymore but I sure could get a healthy jump on the next!

I'll be posting a "wanted" ad on the marketplace thread for the things I have now been obsessing over on this site!

Martian,
Before you post a wanted ad in Marketplace send me an email to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com with details of what you ordered.
I'll do my best to replicate the order and send you replacement seeds.
I don't like it when some Seed companies give the rest of us a bad name.
None of us are perfect and we all battle with some occasional crosses, etc.
But not on most seeds.
But there is NO excuse for not making a customer 100% happy. Some way or some how....just make them happy.
I'll try to help.
Great Gardening,
Pepper Joe

Well taking a loss and doing nothing actually encourages their behavior. The problem is who really cares about loosing $12 enough to make a big deal about it. I have had bad service and products and typically take it as a lost, but a few times I pushed back hard because I knew it was intentional and not a mistake and bad customer service. It's amazing how much weight a single letter from an Attorney carries and the mention of "class action lawsuit".

I have an attorney friend who might just do that. The problem is I try to choke him out on a regular basis, i'll have to roll a little easier with him for a while I guess.

Martian,
Before you post a wanted ad in Marketplace send me an email to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com with details of what you ordered.
I'll do my best to replicate the order and send you replacement seeds.
I don't like it when some Seed companies give the rest of us a bad name.
None of us are perfect and we all battle with some occasional crosses, etc.
But not on most seeds.
But there is NO excuse for not making a customer 100% happy. Some way or some how....just make them happy.
I'll try to help.
Great Gardening,
Pepper Joe

I really appreciate it Joe, I sent you an email!

Martian...ive got caught up with them as well.... but most of the seeds i got from the were tomatoes and so far so good... tradewindfruits is another place that will rip people off as it has ripped me off...since you said you live in socal... theres a thread here pash started.,.. its a nursery in SILVERLAKER called SUNSET nursery...off of sunset andjust before santa monica.. they have some superhots there that ive purchase and seem to be growing true.... they're also cheap.. kinda makes me think about sowing my seeds..lol... but they have your bhut jolokia (red and chocolate-i got one choco) i bought like 10 of them... fatalii's peruvian white hab.. manzano.. etc.. bhuts cost a mere $1.99 and are very tall and healthy.. about 12" heres a photo of mine podding already about 16"

6de6cdcb.jpg

they do inventory tues and friday afternoons from what they told me.... check out my glog and youll see the plants i got from them... also as people have mentioned guys like pepperjoe... judy at pepperlover... RFC... and CCN sell seedlings... just a thought...

its never too late.. check out SUNSET nursery..lol.. i did...

denniz

123dfd51.jpg

the 4 thats together are 4 bhuts i got last week...

Well taking a loss and doing nothing actually encourages their behavior. The problem is who really cares about loosing $12 enough to make a big deal about it. I have had bad service and products and typically take it as a lost, but a few times I pushed back hard because I knew it was intentional and not a mistake and bad customer service. It's amazing how much weight a single letter from an Attorney carries and the mention of "class action lawsuit".
That may be true, but spending more than $12 for a letter from an attorney is a bigger loss. The way I see it, if sharing my experience with others causes them to lose money on a sale, my $12 loss is then worth something.

In the end, I don't sweat the small stuff, my life span is just not long enough to make a big deal over Remier. I am not going to waste my time and energy on them, it is better spent working on my truck or riding my motorcycle.

I pick and choose my battles.

Martian...ive got caught up with them as well.... but most of the seeds i got from the were tomatoes and so far so good... tradewindfruits is another place that will rip people off as it has ripped me off...since you said you live in socal... theres a thread here pash started.,.. its a nursery in SILVERLAKER called SUNSET nursery...off of sunset andjust before santa monica.. they have some superhots there that ive purchase and seem to be growing true.... they're also cheap.. kinda makes me think about sowing my seeds..lol... but they have your bhut jolokia (red and chocolate-i got one choco) i bought like 10 of them... fatalii's peruvian white hab.. manzano.. etc.. bhuts cost a mere $1.99 and are very tall and healthy.. about 12" heres a photo of mine podding already about 16"

6de6cdcb.jpg

they do inventory tues and friday afternoons from what they told me.... check out my glog and youll see the plants i got from them... also as people have mentioned guys like pepperjoe... judy at pepperlover... RFC... and CCN sell seedlings... just a thought...

its never too late.. check out SUNSET nursery..lol.. i did...

denniz

123dfd51.jpg

the 4 thats together are 4 bhuts i got last week...

Thanks! Thats EXACTLY the kind of place I have been searching for around here!

Wish I would have seen this earlier but went with them for some thins I couldn't find elsewhere after seeing Reimer listed in a few 2019/2020 top vendor threads. Only got one pepper variety, but some onion, cabbage, and herb seeds as well. My order came out to ~500 seeds, but I knew something was going to be amiss when what looked to be a few thousand showed up. I emailed them the day I received my order raising concerns over that because it's not normal for another 0 to be added to the end of what you ordered at no extra cost. 4 total seeds have sprouted out of that entire lot. Hopefully the Fetalli seed that did sprout actually is a Fetalli, but I'm full on expecting this to be a Tabasco based off the seed shape. Going on 3 emails with no response and just sent the 4th this morning. 

Lesson learned.

Back