• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

repotting and feeding???

after having many problems with wet feet from a clay soil and too much rain ive finally managed to repot my babies ...
i have used a potting mix combined with grass cuttings and gravel and added a seasol, vinegar and epsom salt mix to the soil to try and get them up and running again...

what i'd like to know is.. should i try and keep them out of direct sun for a little while and how often should i readminister fertiliser and vinegar?? (im told that the acidity will constantly decline)

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

let them rest and recover.. don't keep adding ferts and stuffs.. let them pickup. peppers can survive with the little ferts. just make sure that your pails/bucket has enough holes to drain the water. give them 70% sun 30% shade. they need to sun to make food! and most important thing .. be patient... :) why vinegar ?? u got grass and other rotting stuffs already in your mix.

RELAX.. too much care and love can KILL you plants. :)

Hay David how you been?

Remember me? """ ya like the ones in the picture""" LOL

How much of the root ball where you able to get?

Normally when I do something like this I trim the top side down to Kinda proportion it with the root ball, but it looks like mother nature did some of that for you.

Don't know how much sun you get there or how hot it gets, but semi sun is a safe bet I think for now, the next 2 weeks will tell the story.

I may be wrong here but if they where mine, I would allow them to acclimate to there new surroundings both above and below ground before adding any more medicine.

For what its worth, SC

Darn It SRI you beat me to it, :dance: guess I have to work on my speed typing!

Hay David how you been?

Remember me? """ ya like the ones in the picture""" LOL

How much of the root ball where you able to get?

Normally when I do something like this I trim the top side down to Kinda proportion it with the root ball, but it looks like mother nature did some of that for you.

Don't know how much sun you get there or how hot it gets, but semi sun is a safe bet I think for now, the next 2 weeks will tell the story.

I may be wrong here but if they where mine, I would allow them to acclimate to there new surroundings both above and below ground before adding any more medicine.

For what its worth, SC

Darn It SRI you beat me to it, :dance: guess I have to work on my speed typing!
ok ok Sorry jeff. next time i try to be slower.. :beer:

the vinegar solution was to slightly raise the acidity... there is a little bit of grass offcuts mixed through the soil...
we are still getting 28 degree (celsius) days here so i thought i might leave them just under the awning for a few days before i put them back into the full sun...
@spicy chicken... i managed to get pretty much all of the rootballs... i have cut them back a little but there are quite a lot of little leaves sprouting so i decided to leave them alone for that reason...

thanks guys... i'll definetly leave them alone now!!!

the vinegar solution was to slightly raise the acidity... there is a little bit of grass offcuts mixed through the soil...
we are still getting 28 degree (celsius) days here so i thought i might leave them just under the awning for a few days before i put them back into the full sun...
@spicy chicken... i managed to get pretty much all of the rootballs... i have cut them back a little but there are quite a lot of little leaves sprouting so i decided to leave them alone for that reason...

thanks guys... i'll definetly leave them alone now!!!
haha.. just don't forget to give them a drink when they are dry :) don't leave them alone completely :) hehe

The first reply pretty much says it all. But ill add my 2 pennies. NO VINEGAR, I use vinegar to kill the grass when its too close to my planting beds. It will bring your PH down slightly, but you need A LOT of it to really lower your PH. If you add enough vinegar to lower your PH it might just be enough to kill your plants. Get some PH down to add to your water and feed your plants with PH'ed water.

Back