• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

indoor Repotting the grow tent

Well, I decided I'd had enough of the Autopot. Seems as if the valves arent quite as reliable as I would of hoped, I have 2 very stunted Choc Hab's, and the perlite/vermiculite mix wasnt strong enough for some of the plants.

Anyway, they are potted in a 3/5's soil and 2/5's perlite/vermiculite mix now, in these water saving pots that have a small reservoir at the bottom. Now a lot of people have said that peppers hate wet feet, but the Yellow Scotch Bonnet I have growing has absolutely flourished in them, as well as a rescued Bhut Jolokia, so I've adopted this for all plants.

I've also had a bloody aphid attack, tried using neem twice, made no difference, now Im trying lemon peel in boiling water then cooled and strained.

I also have to hand pollinate everything with the back of an electric toothbrush, since I was getting all flowers and no chillies. A lot more work than I had planned!

Here's some pics:

All the plants out of the tent
2550197370_c6b7e45edb.jpg

Finally a Red Savina Habanero looks to have pollinated
2550196768_eea6fbfcdc.jpg

My 2 Red Savina Habanero plants, god they are tall
2550229622_67ed54a9a4.jpg

They look great.
For pollinating my indoor plants, I just give them a little "wiggle" every night. I'll stick my hand lightly into the folliage and very gently shake them.

Poisonette said:
I'll stick my hand lightly into the folliage and very gently shake them.

Do you wear rubber gloves when you do that.. :lol: - Just Kidding.

Milk Man - Your plants are beautiful. Are you growing them on 2-3 gal containers?

Sanj said:
Milk Man - Your plants are beautiful. Are you growing them on 2-3 gal containers?

Not sure about volume, but in the hydro setup, they were 10 inch pots, now moved to 12 inch pots. The root balls in the hydro were very root bound, so they should have a little more room to grow in the 12 inch pots, meaning BIGGER PLANTS!

Back