• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

rescued tomatoes, members of thp credited, Grower Thankful!!

Thanks Again gang time to put these and two more boxes to bed. :)
9blyes.jpg
2qbc4d1.jpg

Nice. Beats waking up in the morning to find them frozen! Btw, if yout want to use some now, the super-green ones work well for salsa verde. I made some yesterday, substituing hard, green tomatoes for tomatillos. Wasn't sure that it would taste good, but it's quite delicious. Lots of hot peppers added, of course!

Will definitely make some verde may add to my next green ferment thanks again really happy to have them in knowing one way or another they will get eaten :) Just so close to perfection. All ready Jared quite a few. Great idea for verde Shortcut ill post some pics! And thanks again Catherine's your first post pushed me to bring them in. And big thanks to all my fellow chili head's!
CHEERS

OldSalty - did your tomatoes ripen up nicely?  Unfortunately the green to red ones don't taste as great as the ones that ripen on the vine.  But it beats having them freeze.

Plus fried green tomatoes ARE delicious.

catherinew said:
OldSalty - did your tomatoes ripen up nicely?  Unfortunately the green to red ones don't taste as great as the ones that ripen on the vine.  But it beats having them freeze.

Hi catherinew they have been ripening more and more every day. Though not as sweet as the tomatoes that ripened on the vine, still better than store bought :) Again I can't thank you enough for your tomato saving advice!! :)
The smaller green ones I used in a ferment for a salsa verde will post some pics!! And had some fried green tomatoes last night with dinner, fantastic with some of my homemade hot sauce :)
Unfortunately my friends who live at the end of my street didn't take the advice I passed on from my friends at THP! And lost there whole crop :( thought they could use the blanket and spotlight trick we had record cold that night. Didn't work! But I gave them a basket full to help ease the pain :) And a free bottle of hot sauce didn't hurt lol
Do you make sauces and or ferments? Again I'd like to thank all the THP members who helped me out y'all SAVED MY TOMATOES Yyyeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaa!! :)
CHEERS

Picture of a nice ripe today tomato a dash o sea salt and fresh ground pepper delicious
IMG_20141207_133725.jpg
IMG_20141207_133733.jpg

My baby girl love's fruit!! Thanks again everyone this tomatoes for you'll!!:)

catherinew said:

Hope you caught my taste test!! tomatoes are delicious !!

Yum!  I'm so glad you decided to 'save' the greenies and not just dover them.  Mother Nature can be brutal and very surprising.

Good job!

Back