misc retail kiosk in popular mall

Sounds like a good idea! Free sauce/salsa samples would be a hit! I'd serve them with some chips, then you could sell the chips too.

It sounds like a really good idea thak.
Need to keep a sharp eye out for folks trying to slip the bottles into their pockets and little kids grabbing at stuff. May want to have a helper to assist you.
Keep us informed on what you decide to do.

thakswet said:
I meet with mall reps tomorrow and will be asking about sample giveaways and type of security available to the Kiosks.

keep em coming. thanks u guys.

Just watch out for those pesky health inspectors and FDA.... You will probably need a special permit for tasting.

Tasting would be daring I would think. You know that there are people who will make a scene and need something to drink. Or what if someone pukes all over your stuff? I think that a hot sauce kiosk sounds good though, I just would not do any sort of tasting. As the others said, sauce, chips, and maybe some chili knick knack stuff: ties, stuffed chilies, undies etc. Good luck.
And a couple of dummy cameras would help too, keeps the honest people honest.

Thakswet,
we tried to do something like that, but the requirements from the city and Health Dept. killed pretty much our idea. We needed to buy refrig. equipment in order to keep our samples below 45 degrees and the food permit thru the town were just too much money for us. Make sure you check with those two entities first, maybe in your juristiction those requirements are not needed, never know. Hope this helps.

Just got home from the meeting.

Sampling is out of the question.

and here's the pricing:

2K security deposit on the CART....a CART not a Kiosk.
$750 registration fee includes two signs and help from a mall decorator.
2.2K for October rent
7.5K per month for Nov, Dec, Jan.
No Negotiations.
Staff has to wear Mall Outfits.

We've decided to look into a different direction right now.

any suggestions?

thakswet said:

and here's the pricing:

2.2K for October rent
No Negotiations.

any suggestions?

:shocked: Whoa!! Man that's some steep rate's for a cart! Make's you wonder how many styro-foam glider's the non english speaking vendor's have to sell in order to pay their fees! AND the same for the cell phone sales creeps and the Cookie pushers! That's a rip off. And to top it off, a "Mall Outfit"! PLEASE! They should be paying the vendor's a fee for wearing their tacky uniform! What a bunch of money whores!

Ahhh! Now I feel much better..You seem so calm about it thak. I would have freaked! Yeah I guess looking in another direction would be a good idea. If you have any local Farmer's Markets or "nice" flea markets, also local fall and holiday festivals would be some options for an affordable retail set up, especially if you just want to do it during the holiday months. Cap'n

I checked it out here a few months ago. prices were aboput the same here in AZ. on the other hand the hickory farms guy runs for 3 months and makes 300k. of course thats a franchise thats hard to get into but still...

thakswet said:

and here's the pricing:

2.2K for October rent
No Negotiations.

any suggestions?

Holiday shopping prices, that's why. You could make a killing though if it's a big mall!

thakswet said:

and here's the pricing:

2.2K for October rent
No Negotiations.

any suggestions?

I don't blame you one bit for looking somewhere else...
And, to top it off, i seriously don't think i can handle being in a freakin mall for 8 hours at a clip...i'd shoot myself first

Malls are merely the dwelling places for the lemmings who shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Oh what a joy it is, during the holiday season, seeing the mile-long line of cars, owned by the cranially-challenged, waiting for a parking space that doesn't exist. Not to mention the amazing fashion statements one finds within the walls of one of these Bastions Of The Inept. It's like a really bad version of Night of the Living Dead, complete with the aimlessly walking pseudo-bipeds, in their never ending quest for something they don't know they are looking for.

DEFCON Creator said:
Malls are merely the dwelling places for the lemmings who shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Oh what a joy it is, during the holiday season, seeing the mile-long line of cars, owned by the cranially-challenged, waiting for a parking space that doesn't exist. Not to mention the amazing fashion statements one finds within the walls of one of these Bastions Of The Inept. It's like a really bad version of Night of the Living Dead, complete with the aimlessly walking pseudo-bipeds, in their never ending quest for something they don't know they are looking for.

I bet you go do your shopping at the mall John... :)

Back