• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Reusable shopping bags - Home Depot

So, I had some left over peppers, and was looking to try planting a few in bags after reading on this forum about others using them.

I asked my girlfriend to check at WalMart and she said they wanted $2 apiece.

I saw some advertised on Home Depot's website for 99¢ apiece, so I went to my local store to buy a few.

When I got there, there were only 50¢ apiece! Pretty good price, if you ask me.

They appear to be slightly over one cubic foot.

OK, I am not doubting your word, but apparently that is not the case at my local WallyWorld.

Anyway, I believe it never hurts to have another alternative.

Spicy Mushroom said:
Is it cheaper because it's smaller? *shrug*
I do not know, and I also do know how large the WalMart bags are? Do you have the WalMart bag dimensions?

However, the Home Depot bags hold more than a five gallon bucket, which seems to be adequate for growing peppers.

Nah sorry :( All my plants are in either orange 5 gallon paint buckets from Home Depot or 5 gallon chlorine buckets from the pool house.

These prices you guys are quoting is really attractive though. I'm seriously considering it.

alkhall said:
I do not know, and I also do know how large the WalMart bags are? Do you have the WalMart bag dimensions?

However, the Home Depot bags hold more than a five gallon bucket, which seems to be adequate for growing peppers.

Wallybags are actually pretty dang big.  Measuring an empty one, I get a height is 15" and slightly oval horizontal cross section averaging about 13" on a side.  They do taper a bit at the bottom.  A rough guess would be around 2000 cubic inches = a little over 1 cubic foot = about 8 gallons.  I'll measure one of my full bags tomorrow and get a better estimate.

Update:

Wallybags fill to produce a straight cylinder ~38" in circumference, and squat slightly to ~13 inches in height.

This works out to 6.5 gallons.

Laying flat, as purchased, they are just under 13" across and 15" high.

Back