• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Reuse of Rapid Rrooters

I would wash them out with water and H2O2 mix and probably also in a PH buffer solution to make it PH neutral before I reuse it.

you can reuse them just fine.
they will not last forever, but they last a long ass time. i had a plant at the end of the year i was uprooting and shaking out so i can recycle the peat lite.
t was still there. all dried hard and stretched out around the stump.

edit: i wouldnt touch these with h202. just wash out the old seed. (or dont like me)
these things get kinda fragile after a while, they start to crumble around the edges and start droping little peat crumbs all over the place after a year inside a little ziplock bag. they do seem to " break down" to some small extent... it could be mechanical wear from opening and clossing... moving the bags around or something else, but what ever they are absolutly still usable.

I thought that the 30 I had was going to be enough, boy was I wrong. I'm now at 90 and I think i'm still short. At first money for them was not an issue, but it's becoming one. They work great. I guess I was wondering if through the first use I could have washed out some of the goodies when watering them.

I thought you'd want to drop them to a 6-6.7 ph before trying to germinate. I'm trying to reuse mine with 30 bhut plants, but so far, none have popped on week 2. I probably should have used the heat mat earlier. I did not wash or sterilize them either. My soil plants have all germinated (telecherry, jalepeno, short thai, long thai (dont know the actual thai names))

I dont like them that much. They are good for cloning and using in a hydroponic system like rockwool, but they dont degrade and doesnt work in my compost pile.

If one was concerned, they could put them in boiling water for 30 seconds (perhaps even pour over) to kill off the nasties. Then soak them in a solution of distilled water and a light amount of nutrients to ensure that the ph is somewhere in the 6 neighborhood. You'd also want to sterilize the container they're in, but styrafoam and plastic dont do well in those temps.

I say to hell with it and see what seeds are strong enough to germinate in less favorable conditions to ensure you have the strongest plants.

Back