• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Review: Bih Jolokia

Got these from PepperLover. Very nice looking pepper.

IMG_1079.jpg

I cut it in half and there were quite a few seeds in this one, not that oily at all. Very nice perfumy smell, smelled pretty hot.

IMG_1081.jpg

This is the piece I ate, 1/4 of the pepper. Crunchy, kinda fruity/perfumy. It hit's the tounge mostly, hot, but not too hot. The heat last's about 3 minutes, fades, and goes away all together in 4-5 minutes. It's a tasty pepper, no doubt. Had a slight runny nose, very slight tears. Compared to yesterday's Big Sun Scotch Bonnet, it's less heat. So, for me so far: Chocolate Bigbang Naga 10, Big Sun Scotch Bonnet 7, Bih Jolokia 4.5. This has been alot of fun, so far. :dance: :hell: :onfire: :mouthonfire:

IMG_1086.jpg

Sounds like you handled this one pretty well. I have some growing. Havent had one ripen yet, but look forward to it.

I'd rate the Bihs on a par with the Dorset Naga, similar in size, appearance and heat. 4.5 is definitely not a number that comes to mind :hell: . It's possibly just early pod syndrome :lol:

I'd rate the Bihs on a par with the Dorset Naga, similar in size, appearance and heat. 4.5 is definitely not a number that comes to mind :hell: . It's possibly just early pod syndrome :lol:

I have some Dorset Naga's coming, I will compare the two. Would you put the heat of the Bih Jolokia over the Big Sun Scotch Bonnet?

Bih's are nasty mother truckers with a sting like a wasp! Never tried Big Sun, sounds good that's for sure.

Don't think I have had the Big Sun, but I have had the Bih and other scotch bonnets. Not even close the Bih is HOT. I agree with whoever said it must have been an early pod.

Don't think I have had the Big Sun, but I have had the Bih and other scotch bonnets. Not even close the Bih is HOT. I agree with whoever said it must have been an early pod.

ok. So will they get hotter if I let them sit out, I mean not eat them, and left them in the fridge?

They won't get any hotter now. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, the first lot of pods don't live up to their full potential heatwise. Maybe the one you had was an early one. Nova described it well, they have a sting like a wasp... or perhaps a bee :)

wasatch,

I looked up THSC Neil's tasting video and he reacted/said they were up there with the nagas. And it could have just been that pod... Looking forward (I think :eek: ) to tasting one.
SL

wow! i've never heard anyone say the bih is not to bad before! might want to try another. your testing them pretty fast. your gonna glow in the dark soon!

Sounds like Wasatch may have pain receptor blowout, caused by eating too many super hots. I've done it before and the Naga and 7 pot I ate
next seemed about as hot as a run of the mill scotch bonnet!

Back