• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Review: Bih Jolokia

Well, we received a package of Bihs from Wasatch today and promptly headed to the front porch to make a tasting video.

I don't know why, but I always seem to cut open the pepper with the most oil in it! That thing looked like you could squeeze drops out. And it even smelled "evil".

We ate slivers of it, not wanting to use up too much of the peppers, and that was enough to get a REALLY good idea of the heat of those babies. This was the first one that got to Salsakid's stomach. He had some pretty good stomach cramps going for about 30 minutes. I had the tongue burn for at least 20 minutes and the lips are still burning 35 minutes later. I'll post the video on our other thread in a little while.

Salsadude took a tiny sliver, touched his tongue and never did eat it. He's tasted all the other peppers except the douglah, so for him to not eat it, that's a fiery burn.

Wasatch, I think you are definitely missing a few pain receptors!!! :lol:

Now....time to put the thinking cap on and brew up something wicked! :evilwitch'scackle: the wheels are turning~

(wonder if I'll be able to get the Kid to taste it?!?)

Well, we received a package of Bihs from Wasatch today and promptly headed to the front porch to make a tasting video.

I don't know why, but I always seem to cut open the pepper with the most oil in it! That thing looked like you could squeeze drops out. And it even smelled "evil".

We ate slivers of it, not wanting to use up too much of the peppers, and that was enough to get a REALLY good idea of the heat of those babies. This was the first one that got to Salsakid's stomach. He had some pretty good stomach cramps going for about 30 minutes. I had the tongue burn for at least 20 minutes and the lips are still burning 35 minutes later. I'll post the video on our other thread in a little while.

Salsadude took a tiny sliver, touched his tongue and never did eat it. He's tasted all the other peppers except the douglah, so for him to not eat it, that's a fiery burn.

Wasatch, I think you are definitely missing a few pain receptors!!! :lol:

Now....time to put the thinking cap on and brew up something wicked! :evilwitch'scackle: the wheels are turning~

(wonder if I'll be able to get the Kid to taste it?!?)

I probably got an early pod, I will try again. :dance:

Back