• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Review: Chocolate Big Bang Naga

I got this one from PRF, it got alittle banged up in the shipment, so I thought it would be a good candidate for a test. So I cut it up length wise and cut off the crushed part. This pepper has a very nice fruity scent to it. I tried a piece about 2" long and about 1.5" wide. I chewed it for a few seconds and it just melted away in my mouth, not much of anything. About 30 seconds later my lips were burning and the tongue was on fire. :onfire: I hung on for awhile, the heat was getting hotter, but I hung on. :mouthonfire: :hell: After about 2-3 minutes I had to have some chocolate milk, that helped alot. :) I'm a wuss, what can I say, but at least I tried it. :woohoo: I will bring in the other pieces to work tomorrow to see if anyone wants to try it. All in all not to bad of an experience. Most likely I will try it again with some other peppers I have on hand. Time to drink some more beer. :beer:

I don't consider anyone that is willing to try a superhot a wuss. You'll have fun at work watching oher people try it but be careful...you might upset at few people when you begin laughing at them! :D

if you ate it your not a wuss! wish i could've seen it though. anything like that i try i will be documenting from now on because people tend to not believe me. by the way thanks again for giving my vid a look. i wish i would've seen your face when you tried the choclate naga. they are lethal!

So its hot but what did it look and taste like. This was one of my unintentional crosses, I'm just wondering what other people think of it. Is it worth stabilizing?

So its hot but what did it look and taste like. This was one of my unintentional crosses, I'm just wondering what other people think of it. Is it worth stabilizing?

It had a fruity taste to it, it kinda melted away pretty quickly.

IMG_1020.jpg

Potawie, I have several plants going all from cmpman1974 so they are F2's of yours. I am getting pod shapes everything from a chocolate hab to a big red naga and a chocolate naga shaped version like in this thread. Not stable at all and of all the pods I like the BigBang gigantic Naga I am getting off one plant. The cross chocolate naga version is just ok, not super hot but big chocolate chinense flavor. Stick with your original it's the BigBang Naga bomb. :lol:

What shocks me is how stable Talas' Chocolate Habalokia was after one generation! It looks exactly the same year after year. I don't know how.

Chris

Back