• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review - Nagasav BBQ Sauce

From the Masters of Heat, the hippyseed company:

Nagasav BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:

Nagas, Red Savina, Apples, Tomato concentrate, sugar, molasses, salt pepper, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, vegetable gum and spices.

I first ordered a few bottles of this back in 2009. I loved it, but mentioned to Neil that It needed a little more heat. He told me that for his next batch, he would add more peppers. He definably kept the new formula for the current batch, as it is hotter. It also appears to be a little thicker than the last batch I tried. I think it has a perfect amount of heat. It has enough to burn a little, remind you of where it came from and leave a good brief lasting sting, but not devastating, like sauces with extracts. The molasses adds a good complex sweetness. The Tomato concentrate gives the BBQ character. I have not used Nagasav as a BBQ sauce, just as hot sauce, added to a variety of dishes. I imagine though that it would be awesome as a rib glaze, or part of a glaze. This is my favorite hot sauce!

I also ordered some seeds from the hippyseed folks. They included a very helpful growing guide.

Back