• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review: Nova's Naga "666" Sauce

QuadShotz

Banned
Well, this one is excellent stuff.

Here is Nova's posting of the sauce itself: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=11461

Personally, I love chilies and mango...and Nova's sauce is no exception. I know there are many ingredients in there I can't quite pick out, but the Dorset/Mango is unmistakable.

It's got a good burn and a nice fresh fruity aroma and taste without being tooooo sweet or "vinegary".

I like that it has a very well-balanced flavor and heat profile...not just one area get the smackin'...most all do.

And the burn kinda creeps up on ya. It's gonna be building from the start to really kick in at the classic 1-min point for a couple more minutes, then settlng in for a nice glow. It's pretty hot stuff that will make ya sweat, but is quite mellow in doing so...deceptively so. ;-)

Nitpicks:

Not many...could be a bit longer burn, but it's pretty damn good.

MY VIDEO REVIEW:

Rankings:

Heat:
flame_rankd_4.gif

Flavor:
flame_rankd_5.gif

Consistancy/OtherStuff:
flame_rankd_4.gif

Overall: I'd have to say it's a 4.7

It's just the kinda sauce I like for a fruit/naga type sauce, as you can see by the heaps of things I've already made with it in the "Spicy Cooking and Concoctions" forum. IMO, it's a daily user sauce if you like it pretty hot.

Good on ye mate!

-QS

Bloody awesome Quaddy and some real nice comments in there as well. I am as happy as a pig in muck :) :woohoo:

Thanks a ton for the review!

Artichoke hearts sounds like a nice ingredient for some creaminess.

YW Nova, I appreciate you taking the effort to send me all the goodies.

Oh, buddy of mine here tried the naga puree stuff....it went over well... ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Artichoke hearts sounds like a nice ingredient for some creaminess.

I added them for consistency but yes they do seem to creamy it up a little.

Nice 1 Quad.... It is a hope of many of us he dose go commercial with it.

(hint hint again Nova....... we need to get you more pods mate.;))

Novacastrian said:
I added them for consistency but yes they do seem to creamy it up a little.

Well, it works.

That's one thing I love about it..it's just spot-on for being well blended and balanced. Harder to do that than you might think. ;)

chilliman said:
Nice 1 Quad.... It is a hope of many of us he dose go commercial with it.

(hint hint again Nova....... we need to get you more pods mate.;))

Thx CM, and ditto!

Timing worked out well here...I'd wanted to do the SB review and then the 666 as I'd promised I would..so that's all sorted now.

Then, it just so happens I got the Lust Sauce from Scorpion in just yesterday. :)

Cool...it all worked out rather nicely.

Plus, is a bonus for me as its not so damn hot out this week...rly sux to do a vid eating nagas when you're already sweating ya arse off.
smileySweating.gif

Back