vendor Review of Baker's Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order with Bakers Pepper’s back in the beginning of April.  Initially I missed that these were pre-order.  The website advertises that peppers are available year round and when placing the order it shows how many are available.  I find that to be a little misleading and am not a fan of the “preorder” concept in general.  Anyway, while waiting for my peppers I did communicate with Dale several times for status updates.  I always found him to seem a little paranoid and rude in our communications.  So when the peppers finally arrived, after 9 weeks( a little more than the advertised 4-6weeks) I did a quick scrub through and found that there were 9 I could immediately pick out as bad, ones with huge bug holes and others with rotten mushy parts.  After contacting Dale via text he began grilling me for total count, number of good, number of bad.  Even that was not enough; he then wanted pictures of the bad ones so he could determine if they were bad.  One of which he said he didn’t think was that bad and that “there may have been a pest at one point in time…but not now.”  He then requested I “tell the whole truth online.”  Anyway, after finding out that I need to pay for shipping to receive my replacement peppers he basically berates me and says he wouldn’t normally do this but wants to make it right.  IMO you don’t belittle someone at the same time you are going to try to “make things right.”  Then the day I receive my replacement peppers he decides to come on here and questions my integrity because I didn’t come on set things straight.  Seems to me if you are trying to improve relations with a customer by sending replacements you shouldn’t bad mouth them publically before they can even get the replacements.  I’m not even sure what he thinks I was going to come on and say…it would not have been favorable.  Him telling me my peppers are fine through a cell pic I sent him did not set the record straight, it just convinced me that he is rude with no concept of how customer service should work.  In the replacement box there was a pepper with a large bug hole and also one that was clearly rotten.

So my overall review is this:

-Price:  2 out of 5 (Much higher than competitors)
-Advertised Product: 2 out of 5 (Advertises SFRB stuffed full of fresh peppers when he is actually selling 25 fresh peppers)
-Customer Service: 2 out of 5 (is condescending immediately upon contacting him, even before he knows the reason for contacting him)

I personally will never buy from him again.  If you don’t mind paying more for a substandard product that is backed by an angry paranoid who doesn’t understand customer service, than I highly recommend Baker’s Peppers.  If that is not what you like I suggest you look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back