• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Review: Red Bigband

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Got this one from PRF, thanks cappy. Nice HUGE size pepper, good amount of oil, kinda thick skin, a few seeds. Very nice flavour, earthy, crunchy, fruity. The heat comes in pretty quick, and builds up fast, but it's very close to the Guadeloupe Black. :mouthonfire: :dance: Heat was mostly in the tongue, and very little in the back of the throat I really enjoyed the flavour, and the heat. Excellent hot pepper for salsas.

I'm still not positive but I believe it was probably a "Bangladesh naga X chocolate madagascar" unintentional cross

I agree very nice pepper some of my plants are brown and others red about 50/50, I'm sorry I made a stink about this cross earlier in the year as I am enjoying both really. The red does show throwback traits of the Naga and the brown is a very smooth tasting not sharp excellent eating milk chocolate pods. These are f2 generation and plants were expected to be unstable but just happy to be growing some POTAWIE seed stock. ;) I'd sure like to try the original Bangladesh BigBang Naga someday Derek. :P

The coolest looking "bigbangs" were not stable. I started some original sourced seeds this year and all plants have tiny naga type pods, or little bang nagas. I now believe what you have are likely f3s

Back