• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review REVIEW: Salsa Encino Yahualica Chile de Arbol Sauce

QuadShotz

Banned
I found this at a local mexican store and just love it..it's got an unique flavor and decent heat.

I'd only found an old thread about it here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=2668

So, here's my review of it. :D

From the company website:

Salsa Encino uses only "Chile de Arbol" from the region of Yahualica Jalisco. This chile is famous for its authentic taste and flavor, as the best chile in Mexico & World-Wide. The climate and volcanic soil of this region, with its natural springs, in Yahualica Jalisco produce a spicy rich tasting "Chile de Arbol".

Salsa Encino is the product of an old family recipe, passed through several generations, inherited by the family Ruiz Sanchez. This hot sauce accumalates varios generations of satisfied consumers, for its great taste that enhances the flavor of there food on a daily basis.

Today, the Ruiz Sanchez family is proud to share there great recipe with all of us. Salsa Encino's distinctive flavor seperates it from all the rest, making it the best gourmet salsa in all of Mexico, and in the United States.

Winner of a Gold Medal in Santiago Chile, in 2004, As the Best Salsa!

Gourmet Hot Sauce made from "Chile de Arbol" from Yahualica, Jalisco. Using natural fermentation, natural vinigers, quality spices, a process which takes up to 45 days in barrels, and a rock crusher(mill) to grind the salsa, gives Salsa Encino its homemade and distinctive taste, which seperates it from all other Hot Sauces in the market. It is friendly with the digestive system, and can be consumed by all Salsa Lovers!

With a natural shelf life of up to two and half years after manufacturing, with no refrigeration needed.

My Pics:

S6301180.JPG

S6301178.JPG

It's medium-thick sauce, pours well.
Has great color and arouma..almost a orangy-garlic smell.

Gives a nice warmth to food, esp. eggs, but not a HOT sauce..for us anyways.. ;)

I'd had chile de arbol as dried peppers, but this is really good for an everyday-type sauce. Was only $2 as well which is nice.

Flavor: 4/5 (only 4 because not everyone may like the unique taste)
Heat: 2/5
Color/Consistancy: 4/5
Value for the money: 5/5

Watch the video review for more:
Thanks!

~QS

Ingredients? Looks like there's oil in it.

thehotpepper.com said:
Ingredients? Looks like there's oil in it.

Ooops, I forgot to list 'em since I mentioned on the video.

Here ya go:

Ingredients: Yahualica peppers, salt, vinegar, spices, condiments, acetic acid, and 0.1% Sodium Benzoate as a preservative.

Back