• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Review - Small Taste of a Chocolate Bhut

I won an auction from mtbrider17. He sent out the box of Mixed Bhuts promptly and they arrived in great condition!

As a disclaimer, I only had a small taste. It was deadly hot, and I needed my composure to answer an important email, so I only ate around 40% of one, in small bites with my dinner.

Heat - Deadly hot - hotter than the Red Bhut pod that I recently ate and hotter than the same stock of red bhut pods that I dehydrated.

Oily - This was the oiliest pepper that I had ever eaten. This is a good feature, as the flavor and heat lingers longer.

Flavor - This is hard to describe, as I have never eaten a brown pepper before and the flavor is new to me. It was rich and complex, different than the flavor of its Red Bhut cousin. It was however Cacao (the unsweetened base for chocolate) like.

If I am brave enough to eat more of a quantity without food, I will post more.

I swear Choc Bhuts are the hottest pod I've had yet. The heat just wrecks me. Definitely hotter than my red Bhuts and they even feel hotter than my ButchT's. That being said though, I have yet to try some of the other big names like TS Moruga, Brain Strain, Douglah, etc.

And I hear ya on the oily thing too! The first time I cut one open and saw the oil, I just knew it was gonna be nasty.....

mtbrider17 grows em HOT. I only had a few more small bites with tonight's dinner. I suspect this pod is >1,000,000 scovilles!

mtbrider17 grows em HOT. I only had a few more small bites with tonight's dinner. I suspect this pod is >1,000,000 scovilles!
---------------------------------------------
Thanks for the warning ! :mouthonfire:

I will be harvesting a dozen of my Brown Bhut pods tomorrow !

7795855344_952a07f3ab_m.jpg

My first 7 Pod (original) Seed gratis from MGOLD86, literally staggered me - I don't need ANYTHING hotter than that.... :fire: BRUTAL heat ! ! !

Back