• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Review: The Hottest Sauce In The Universe

This is a novelty 2 million scoville sauce from pepper palace located in Gatlinburn TN (USA). The website address is http://www.pepperpalace.com and you will find the sauce listed under the extract section. I was impressed with the marketing aspect of the bottle. Reflective metallic lettering and hand dipped Makers Mark style red wax drip cap coating. The taste however was a major dissapointment. Mainly because there WAS NOT ANY FLAVOR. When the sauce hits the tongue you get a slight vinegar taste and that's it. About 10 seconds later the heat hits hard. After the heat hits the only taste that joins in is a potent extract taste that is simply disgusting. The burn is very intense and my heart,stomach, and throat felt the heat on the first wave. Everything was back to normal in about 20 minutes.

Ingredients: Aged red peppers, distilled vinegar, chile extract, xanthan gum

Price: $14.95 for 5 ounces

Personally I would give Heat: 9/10
Taste: 0/10 (yes zero out of ten)

I admit that I am not a big fan of exctracts but thought what the hell and bought it anyway. With that being said this is the worst sauce I have ever tried in my entire life. The bottle will be put in the fridge and only removed on "hey wanna try some hot sauce" moments:)

I also bought 3 other items from pepper palace but have not gotten to them yet. A red savina sauce, a BBQ sauce, and a salsa.

Back