• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

rhino beetle larvae/grub

hi guys,
yesterday I went to my parent's home and decided to turn out my compost pile... normally I'll remove all infested grubs from my compost pile.... but since it has been like 2 months, shockingly I found lots of grub dungs... more like 10kilos of it after collected... I am assure that it wasn't in compost state since the compost pile were very dry and the grass clippings looks same as before...

luckily I am not a cruel person happily squashing all those grub like my small brother... I've collected more than 100 of it and kept them in a bin... since they were already in a bin, I've figured that if I feed them now, in few weeks or months I might get lots of free organic fert again :)

I've googled a lot lately looking for infos if people have tried to make fert/compost out of grubs dung but none were found... most people tend to remove the grubs rather then keeping it for fert... if you guys have some info about this or have experienced it before, please share it here, I might have some more questions later :)

since there are no comments yet, here I post a picture after 5 days of composting dried grass clippings by grubs

grubs.jpg

this is a 5 gallon bucket and occupied by 118 grubs :eek:

Back