seeds Richters Seed Catalogue

Yeah I got my catalogue last week. They made chile peppers their "herb of the year" for 2016. I try to check out their store every spring, they have some cool stuff for sure.

Have not turned to them for peppers, but everything else I have ordered from them was very good quality, well packed, and shipped in a very reasonable amount of time.  They are great for some of the weird ones.

ablizno, yes it is perfectly legal to sell the seeds.  In fact, although there is virtually no opium in the seeds they are known for not washing their seed stock.  People buy their seeds and use it to make poppy seed tea.  US laws on growing opium poppy are a confusing thing.  Technically, growing or having pods or straw is illegal under federal law.  However, the law -seems- to be only enforced if you have intent to harvest the drug.  I -think- maybe the laws are written with words like intent or knowingly.  Best to avoid.

ajdrew said:
ablizno, yes it is perfectly legal to sell the seeds.  In fact, although there is virtually no opium in the seeds they are known for not washing their seed stock.  People buy their seeds and use it to make poppy seed tea.  US laws on growing opium poppy are a confusing thing.  Technically, growing or having pods or straw is illegal under federal law.  However, the law -seems- to be only enforced if you have intent to harvest the drug.  I -think- maybe the laws are written with words like intent or knowingly.  Best to avoid.
Oh I wasn't planning on buying them, just thought it was crazy. But I guess they are just selling poppy seeds so that makes sense. Was just a little shocked to see it listed was all.

Back