• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ring of Fire Cayenne

Has anyone grown this variety before? I was wondering if it's more sensitive to heat than other kinds of Cayennes. My plant has yet to set any pods... flowers form, but the pods always yellow and drop off. I've seen pollinators hanging around them, so that's not the problem. My other Cayennes (Long Thin) have already yielded about 70 ripe pods.

I got the plant from the same place where I got my Fatalii, Limon, and Bulgarian Carrot, and all of those plants were true so I have no reason to suspect a cross... however... the description from thechileman.org database does make me wonder:

"Smaller and smoother than a cayenne pepper, but with more fiery heat! These pencil-thin Cayenne-type peppers are about 4 inches long and mature from green to red approximately 60 days after transplanting. The plants are relatively short but yield heavy, concentrated sets of these fiery peppers. A good choice for short season gardeners."

Relatve to what exactly? Mine is currently outpacing my Rocotos in terms of growth, but even the Rocotos have set pods. :lol:

IMGP1423.jpg

Back