• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ristra Cayenne Pic....05-19-09

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
This is the first cayenne I have picked this year...I love the shape and size of this cayenne...as the name, Ristra Cayenne indicates, I will be making ristras out of these...I have two plants and should get a lot of peppers off them...

05-19-09a001.jpg

splitcane said:
Sweet Start, that is one big Cay...

Do you like them better Green or Red...?

I like to eat them fresh green with my meals but I like to let them ripen to red for ristras/powder....

Novacastrian said:
Nice pepper AJ. I want to munch it!

I am having it for lunch today Nova...I will think about you when I am eating it.... ;)

I too like my Peppers fresh just before they turn, seem to have more of a Citrus Flavor then the ripe one's. This is the first year I will have enought Peppers to dry, I'm looking forward to creating some cool mix's...

Hmmm, never tried a green one. I've got plenty of those to munch on and another red one too. Maybe I'll put some in my burgers today.

Haven't decided how I'm going to dry my peppers yet. Can't do the dehydrator thing on 12v. :lol:

A week ago I made my first Ristra out of Caribbean Red habaneros and Orange habaneros, Almost half way through drying... By the way, Habaneros are not easy to tie up!

Hab-Ristra.jpg

This is a ristra I made last year.
It's made with regular cayenne's

I did not use a "real" ristra tying technique, but just threaded 3 - 6 peppers with a string and knotted it in a circle around the vertical string.

IMG_4101.jpg

RichardK said:
A week ago I made my first Ristra out of Caribbean Red habaneros and Orange habaneros, Almost half way through drying... By the way, Habaneros are not easy to tie up!

Hab-Ristra.jpg

You think that's hard, try putting panties on a bull calf.

I just love the ristra pics and can't wait to make some of my own this year...and from what I learned last year...air dried pods make great seed savers...

Ripen, dammit, ripen. Me want pretty peppers!

FYI:
Back on blackberry internet so less typing and no good pics for a while. :(

Back