food Roasted pear salad

372273940_8859cf2b83.jpg

Roasted pear salad with sauted shitakes on bed of romaine with three seed sourdough crustini. Served with a balsamic and ginger/avocado vinegrete

Served with broiled ribeye.

372273941_7170856539.jpg

Will post recipe if anyone is intersted....

Nice! Needs some goat cheese.

chuk hell said:
Will post recipe if anyone is intersted....
Well, this is the recipe section... so... yeah :)

Hey Chuk, that looks like it would be better with Boston lettuce... soft and buttery.

marcosauces said:
i don't think you need heat on the salad, maybe on the rib-eye
yes...recipe.....

I agree Marco...I would go more of a light rub of cajun seasoning on the rib eye and leave the other as is. I sometimes like my rib-eye plain, but have recently done a blackened cajun rib-eye that came out great. I like the fact that chileheads think outside the box. I know some guys at the fire station that are so stuck on tradition that if you put anything on rib-eye you would be banded from the table.

I usually never cook a recipe the same way each time.

Haha ... no heat here. I don't eat heat at every meal. Crazy, I know.

OK, I just made this up so from memory:

Take one Korean pear. Peel and core. Roll in brown sugar. Stuff core with fresh rosemary sprigs. Bake @ 350 for about 20-25 minutes. remove from oven.

In the meantime finely chop about 10 garlic cloves and some of the fresh rosemary. Coat the steaks with soy sauce, worcestershire, fresh ground black pepper and chopped garlic. Set aside.

Heat some butter and olive oil in a skillet. Saute' about 15-20 shitakes with garlic, rosemary, black pepper and salt. Set aside.

Heat some butter, olive oil, garlic and rosemary to a low heat. Slice thin a baguette of sourdough or whatever you can find. Dip bread slices in the oil/butter until fairly coated. Bake in oven 10 minutes to make crostini.

Slice pear into thin slices. coat in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Broil under high heat until slightly caramelized on each side, turning halfway through...about 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool.

Broil steak to medium rare...about 5 min. on each side. Set aside.

Vinaigrette:

1/2 avocado
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
pinch rosemary
ginger syrup*

Arrange salad as shown. Top with very thin slices of red onions. and serve with steak. Enjoy with a nice wine...red or white!

Ginger syrup:

peel and slice about 8 oz.s of fresh ginger. Boil in 2 cups water and one cup sugar.. or vary the ratio to taste. Boil for a while. Remove ginger...let cool.

Also makes a fine ingredient for cocktails.

Back