• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Robot Mode's First indoor Pepper grow! 2019

First time growing peppers indoors!

Start1.jpg

Was able to germinate some Thai Hot, Cayenne, Purple Jalapeno, and Serrano peppers.  I ordered a bunch of seeds from White Hot Peppers but honestly I think at my own fault I haven't had much success with germination. I have some Isolated Bohemian GOAT, Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion, 7 Pot Bubblegum Chocolate Long, Devil's Tongue White, and some scotch bonnet seeds I am trying to germinate right now.

Germ1.jpg

Below is the Purple Jalapeno at day 4

Purpled4.jpg

PurpleSproutd4.jpg

Day 14 of Purple Jalapeño

Purpled14.jpg

Day 24 (Got a new "1200 Watt" Phlizon LED Light)
Light1.jpg
Setup1.jpg

Prupled24.jpg
Purpled241.jpg

Purpled242.jpg

Here they are all together: (W/ Thai Hot, Serrano, Cayenne)

day24setup.jpg

I am planning on getting a small grow tent in a few weeks and also have a large deck to grow in the spring. I never seen leafs turn an almost black like purple so fast, is this a good trait?

Thank you checking out my first Grow Log post!

Great looking setup and some really nice varieties. Always good to see new loops, joining the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulG said:
Great music and editing on the video!

Haha thanks I got a little silly with it.

heefy said:
Great looking setup and some really nice varieties. Always good to see new loops, joining the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am excited to see them all grow up.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: UPDATE TIME! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

So its been 11 days since the last update and the Larger Purple Jalapeno has peppers popping up like crazy!
LargePJPeppers1.jpg
LargePJPeppers2.jpg
LargePJPeppers3.jpg

Even my small PJ is joining the party.
SmallPJPeppers1.jpg
SmallPJPeppers2.jpg

Serrano is staying small but looks healthy.
Serrano11619.jpg

My Cayenne's flowers are starting bloom and also has had the most growth in the tent since the last update.
Cayenneflowers1.jpg
Cayenneflowers2.jpg

c. Chinese sprout are coming along although I have been avoiding thinning and it needs to be done.
c.Chinese.jpg

Hard to see anything in this grow setup picture.
1_16_19Growsetup.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality and the lazy update but want to get one in as I have had some decent progress and my next update could be testing out some of those PJ peppers!

Thanks everyone!

Looking forward to seeing some purple pepper popper pics!  That PJap is awesome.  Serrano looking very healthy as well.  I may be adding a couple PJ's next to the Zapotecs this year in no small part to due to how good yours has looked.

CaneDog said:
Looking forward to seeing some purple pepper popper pics!  That PJap is awesome.  Serrano looking very healthy as well.  I may be adding a couple PJ's next to the Zapotecs this year in no small part to due to how good yours has looked.

Wow canedog It is an honer to have my grow to influence yours in anyway! I do have to admit though I had no idea this strain from WHP would be so amazing to look at. From the flowers to the different shades of dark leafs and the almost instant purple peppers really makes this strain a beauty! I will be sure to include taste profile and compare to a store bought Jalapenos.

My next step is to cross the purple jalapeno with some cayenne and see what that does!

Walchit said:
Nice glog! I might have to try that PJ next year

I just grew it because it germinated way faster than other seeds but it really has been nothing but wonderful for me so far.

karoo said:
you have some really amazing indoor plants!
I like those purple flowers.

Thank you! I like the way they look as well!

PaulG said:
Your whole grow looks super, RM  :clap:

Thanks Paul, always nice to hear coming from you!

Alright, I have so many peppers popping up on both PJ's I figured I would try one of the larger peppers knowing it is probably a bit too early.
PJ1stpepper.jpg
Pjundevepoledseed.jpg

Turns out it was very premature. The seeds look a little small and undeveloped and the taste was a very fresh taste with absolutely zero heat. I am thinking 2-3 weeks ever for some of the larger peppers. Its a bit hard to tell when these peppers are ripe because them seem to go to a purple color very fast. Maybe I will have to look out for a certain shade of purple as well as size for knowing when to harvest.

Robot Mode said:

I just grew it because it germinated way faster than other seeds but it really has been nothing but wonderful for me so far.

Thank you! I like the way they look as well!

Thanks Paul, always nice to hear coming from you!

Alright, I have so many peppers popping up on both PJ's I figured I would try one of the larger peppers knowing it is probably a bit too early.
attachicon.gif
PJ1stpepper.jpg
attachicon.gif
Pjundevepoledseed.jpg

Turns out it was very premature. The seeds look a little small and undeveloped and the taste was a very fresh taste with absolutely zero heat. I am thinking 2-3 weeks ever for some of the larger peppers. Its a bit hard to tell when these peppers are ripe because them seem to go to a purple color very fast. Maybe I will have to look out for a certain shade of purple as well as size for knowing when to harvest.
Thats a bummer, zero heat would mean extremely premature, I made that mistake last year with Pimenta de neyde X Bhut.
I wonder if they do what typical jalapeños, Pdn x B and purple ghosts do, start to turn red when ripening

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Thats a bummer, zero heat would mean extremely premature, I made that mistake last year with Pimenta de neyde X Bhut.
I wonder if they do what typical jalapeños, Pdn x B and purple ghosts do, start to turn red when ripening

I knew they still have a couple weeks left minimum but wanted to test one out and underestimated which isn't too much of a bummer. I think In a month I will get a couple to ripen.

karoo said:
As far as I know, purple is an unripe color with peppers, especially Annuums. They ripen to red if left.

I am sure they will start to turn red when ripe they are just so far away. In fact I just checked WHP website and in the description it says "Pods start off deep purple almost black and eventually ripen to a dark red." Guess I should of read that haha.

MarcV said:
Purple seeds... lovely! :D

I was surprised to see how purple they were. Obviously they are super undeveloped but cool to see. Like alien eggs or something. :rofl:

SpeakPolish said:
So when do you plan on transplanting? I know its still premature and freezing up there in the North.

Oh its -8 F tonight :shocked: .

I live in an apartment but do have a decent size deck on the top floor where I can grow plants in the summer. Early June is probably the most realistic I can go outdoor full time. I will be using bigger grow bags then (maybe 3-5 gallon) and also have grow tent going still.

Speaking of transplanting I am using small 1 gal grow bags in the tent expect for (2) 2-Gal grow bags for my favorites.

I finally transplanted my small PJ plant as I am going on a ice fishing trip in the UP of Michigan this coming weeks and will be gone for three days.

SnallPJtransplant.jpg

I also bought a 12-pack of these water bottle auto-drip spikes for when I am gone but I might have a friend come over and water one the morning of the 3rd day I am gone. I hope my plants don't dry up being such small grow bags! 

autodrip2.jpg
autodrip.jpg

HELLO ONE AND ALL!

I know, I know its been 5 weeks since an update but there really hasn't been too much to report on with the C. Chinese just going through the early stages of growth and the C. Annuum slowing down and pouring resources into buds/flowers/peppers.

Group shot!
3_2setup.jpg

Lets start with my beautiful C. Chinese, which are starting to reach the point where I am thinking about transplanting sooner than later as they are drinking up their bottom fed water way to fast to keep up with!

CCppLABELED.jpg

Not to much to say about them other than I'm finding it hard to keep up with watering these guys in the cups. Makes me rethink my whole 1-Gal grow bag setup, might have to just put everything in 2 Gal grow bags.

Next I want to show off the awesome growth of my Cayenne plant! Peppers are just in the last week or so starting to grow all over the plant. Still needs a lot of time til' we see it filled with red peppers but its coming along. I have been using the side of the grow tent to support this plant because its branches are already getting really heavy. I really need to invest into some wooden dolls for support. Lots of bud sites and this baby is going to be pepper heavy very soon.

3_2_Cay.jpg
3_2_Cay3.jpg

Next, its on to the Purple Jalapenos! My small PJ is hasnt had the best go as of late. I blame it on little less attention and a late transplant, but ill get some peppers before I ditch small PJ for more grow space.
3_2_Small_PJ.jpg

Large PJ is doing wonderful still thankfully. I had plenty of decent sized peppers on this 5 weeks ago when I posted how there wasn't  ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶  any spice on the pepper I had tested early. Large PJ is becoming very heavy as well needs support very bad as well. Also too busy for its own good. I have not been defoliating very often and it needed to be done today.

PJ_Defoil.jpg
3_2_pj.jpg
PJ_chaco.jpg

Those peppers are starting to turn red and almost look chocolate color right now. So why not try some, as I know people harvest Jalapenos when they are green I don't see why I would need to wait until a full red color? Opinions on that?

PJ_2nd_Harvest.jpg
PJ_cross_section_red.jpg

The taste on these were amazing and eating a whole pepper is for sure more than a store bought jalapeno! Didn't expect the heat on these.  :onfire:

Well, thanks everyone for getting caught up with my garden. I will probably wait for my PJ's to turn red as I now know what the insides look like (at least a little more red). I have probably a couple more months to go until you guys get to see c. Chinese strain's pods, which I know is what this forum is really looking for. Unit next time!

Back