• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Robot Mode's First indoor Pepper grow! 2019

First time growing peppers indoors!

Start1.jpg

Was able to germinate some Thai Hot, Cayenne, Purple Jalapeno, and Serrano peppers.  I ordered a bunch of seeds from White Hot Peppers but honestly I think at my own fault I haven't had much success with germination. I have some Isolated Bohemian GOAT, Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion, 7 Pot Bubblegum Chocolate Long, Devil's Tongue White, and some scotch bonnet seeds I am trying to germinate right now.

Germ1.jpg

Below is the Purple Jalapeno at day 4

Purpled4.jpg

PurpleSproutd4.jpg

Day 14 of Purple Jalapeño

Purpled14.jpg

Day 24 (Got a new "1200 Watt" Phlizon LED Light)
Light1.jpg
Setup1.jpg

Prupled24.jpg
Purpled241.jpg

Purpled242.jpg

Here they are all together: (W/ Thai Hot, Serrano, Cayenne)

day24setup.jpg

I am planning on getting a small grow tent in a few weeks and also have a large deck to grow in the spring. I never seen leafs turn an almost black like purple so fast, is this a good trait?

Thank you checking out my first Grow Log post!

CaneDog said:
RM that big PJ has done great for you; you definitely need to start ripening some up like you say and bank those genetics!  I hope the PJ's I'm about to plant do even half as well.

When you planting? And also indoor or out? I will have to check out how yours goes, this strain really was a winner for me.

CaneDog said:
I was aiming for March 1 with the rest of the annuums, but it's going to slip a few days until I can get my space better organized.  I'll be growing the PJ and JZ as my Jalapenos this year and these will all go outside. Not sure what I'll plant later to go OW, but a PJ might make that list, especially if these first ones do well.

What jalapeno is JZ?

I am going to have to tune in to that PJ grow. I am planning putting my PJ outside but probably not until June.

Not sure if I will still grow them this season but I already ordered some purple jalapeno and also the zapotec jalapeno from refining fire chiles. :)

So how's the PJ doing? Have one started also but it's still in the seedling stage without any true leaves. Got a zapotec growing also, same growing stage as the PJ. We'll see how far we get with those...

MarcV said:
So how's the PJ doing? Have one started also but it's still in the seedling stage without any true leaves. Got a zapotec growing also, same growing stage as the PJ. We'll see how far we get with those...

Yeah RM.  How are things going?  Is it still popper-city over there?  I started some PJ's based on how good yours looked and I'm glad I did.  They're cool little seedlings and the cotyledons are really impressive! 

@MarcV how are your JZ's coming along?  I have some the same age as the PJ's and they're really taking off, but also had started some a few months back that were really slow growers (the current ones are their replacements).

My JZ is larger than the PJ but for now it's a cotyledon-only seedling :)

Back