• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Rob's 2010 grow updates

Hi guys, I haven't posted my progress for a long long time. I started my first seeds in early January (chinense), ajis in Feb, and annuums in late March. Winter is super busy for me (I ended up coaching both my boys' hockey teams) and I had a hard time keeping up with the plants.

I potted up some of them to one gallon pots last night and took a few photos to share.

Aji Amarillo, one Aji Panca (I have more Pancas):

Bhut, Thai, Hot Paper Lantern, Aji Limon, maybe a Fatalii there:

My latest bunch, mostly anuums, Inferno, Ring of Fire, Jaloro, more Thai, Peperoncini, Big Bomb. In back there's more Aji Panca, Thai, Tabasco, Hot Paper Lantern... I started all of these in 2.5" round pots which I can get 32 of into one tray. I got really tired of cutting out cells (ie: 72 cell tray) as my last ones germinated at different times.

These guys are very root bound. They are nice and stocky, compact leaves, great colour, but I did not have enough time to pot up earlier. I will be working on getting these in larger pots throughout the week. Right now they're in 3" round pots. Here I have more Fatalii, Brown Habanero, Hot Paper Lantern, Bhut Jolokia, Tabasco, Thai, Datil, Aji Limon, and maybe some I can't recall now.

I need to buy a fan to get these guys used to a bit of wind. It can get gusty here and I don't want these guys breaking up in the wind when I put them out. Time to think about hardening off. As you can see I am running out of room. I don't really want to go out any buy more lights but I may have to get a couple more (will cost me another $40-$50).

I guess I have to start thinking about hardening off soon although it's still a bit cool here.

Tonight I potted up an Aji Limon and two Aji Pancas.

Aji Panca:

A closeup of a Thai that I did yesterday:

I would have done more today but I ran out of pots.

Back