beer RocketMan goes a brewing

Ok it's been 10 days and time to bottle some Ale. The FG was 1.002 at 70 degrees F. I still need to adjust for temp and figure ABV but it's late, I'm whooped and I'll get to that tomorrow. Oh, pics.

Here's filling

af4bf4f2.jpg

48 1/2 bottles and yea it tastes like beer

b5ca70f5.jpg

There's a glass of it in front from the sample taken to get the FG and it was good. In 2 weeks they'll be in the fridge but I may have to sample 1 uh 3 at the 1 week point.

Cheers, :beer:
RM :cool:

Good Morning World,
Ok the OG was .042 and the FG was .003, both adjusted for temperature. I can't find find my notes but i believe the formula for an estimated ABV is ABV = (OG - FG) x 130. wheebz can you check me on this? If that's right then
(.042 - .003) x 130 = 5.07% ABV. Now just waiting to see if it's going to carbonate nicely.

that is a ridiculously low finishing gravity, I mean ridiculously low

curious to see how it tastes though, i bet its gonna be dry as shit, but thats not a bad thing

I'm guessing it that low due to the garage 90 degree time that they saw. The taste to me is about like a Fosters Ale, the one in a green can. Hey at least it's drinkable. This mess up has been a very good learning experience though.

Today I racked th Porter to a secondary. going to give it 5 to 7 more days there and then bottle. Took the opportunity to take an SG, 1.015, which gives me an ABV of 5.33%. Weebz, I'm guessing that it's on the low side also from it's time in the 90 degree garage but it's tasty and drinkable and I'd rather have a low ABV but drinkable than a beer that's not. Here's a Pic:

1b5b2e25.jpg

Now I have to clean and sanitizt the bucket so I can rack teh Cider over to finish it's 2.5 months. Be back with info on that when done.

Edit: Man I need to clean that camera lens.

Ok so they will be a week in the bottle on Wednesday but after a hard day at work I wanted a beer and besides it's been driving me crazy wanting to k ow it they were carving up. So I put a couple on ice and

dd8d36db.jpg

It was carbonated and good. Nice and clear too. Thanks to all whose advice helped me through this first one.

Cheers:beer:

Last night was 5 days in the secondary and i bottled the Porter.

44b713bc.jpg

The extra time in the secondary did a great job on it too. While the FG was still at 1.015 giving it a 5.33 ABV, it seemed to have mellowed a bit and the flavor of the beer was alot better.

e6e74115.jpg

I love the color. Can't wait to make this again this time without the garage 90 degree F part and see what I get. I'll have to save a bottle to compair.

Back