• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Rojo Peron Chilli?

Hi all,

Ive got a few rojo peron chilli's growing great. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on that variety. I got given the seeds, but cant find much info about them.

Thanks heaps
\m/

Hi all,

Ive got a few rojo peron chilli's growing great. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on that variety. I got given the seeds, but cant find much info about them.

Thanks heaps
\m/

Do you have any photos of the plants?

What colour were the seeds?

Hi all,

Thanks heaps
\m/

Are they black seeds? If they are, which I'm guessing they are given the name, they will be Capsicum Pubescens.

They are a cold tolerant chilli, I've got 3 Capsicum Pubescens growing that are now into their third year. I mistakingly grew 3 plants really close together and they all got tangled amongst each other. I finally moved them away from each other and hacked the crap out of them, so will be interesting to see how they go. One of the plants that I have going is at least 2.5 metres tall at the moment, and they do need support as they really don't do well by themselves without it. Perfect for a trellis if you have one lying around.

I see you are in Ballarat from your profile. I believe you can get small snows in winter? This is about the only chilli variety that you may have a chance at overwintering outdoors.

Back