• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake romy6 Pepper Powder Blend Review

romy6 Pepper Powder Blend review produced by romy6
315earl.jpg

Let me quote Jamie on his hot pepper powder blend, “my powder is a combination of Brainstrains, Barrackpores, Chocolate Bhuts, Douglahs, Red 7's, Yellow 7's, Yellow Cari Scorps, my Mystery Annuums, Cayenne, Chocolate Habaneros and then some. Smoked at 200 degrees for two hours with Apple wood then dried in a dehydrator for two days.” He goes on to say “This powder is very hot and not for the faint at heart,” which I’ll agree but very tasty and can be used by the faint at heart mixed into foods to enhance the flavor.

With romy6’s blend of dried ground chilies you notice a pungent aroma possibly caused from the blend of strong peppers and the smoking processes aromatic scent. While a little hard to identify past a smoky scent, one scent that shines thru to my nose is a dried citrus bouquet. This is a bit perplexing to me as I find apple wood to be mild and fruity but let me be clear, we can end the review here by me saying; this is a robust, very hot powder with a sophisticated earthy and citrus sweetness. Dried and ground to near perfection this powder has not clumped once during my many uses. With a reddish, orange flame appearance in color it looks great; if this was my powder I’d call it “lava dust” or “Kilauea Chili Powder.” As the color is very appealing and reminds me of some of the colors one sees in one of the many Mount Kilauea eruptions in all of her majesty.

No delay with this powder providing a spicy, fiery, tangy flavor with a nice enjoyable and lasting burn. Most of the heat is right from the get-go, followed by a savory and lasting burn that keeps the taste buds tantalized for around 15 minutes. While it maybe hard to put ones finger on a definitive taste that shines thru from any one pepper, I truely enjoy it's citrus flavoring. This blend works extremely well at delivering a sophisticate robust combination of sizzling pepper taste that goes great with any meal requiring zest. This complex mixture of flavors is extremely delightful with a fine Caribbean Cognac such as Appleton VX or higher.

Rating: (1 to 5 in each category), (N/A means not applicable)
  • Name: N/A
  • Label: N/A
  • Appearance: 5
  • Color: 5
  • Smell: 3
  • Taste: 5
  • Heat: 4.5
Conclusion:
Fantastic with any meal that requires added zest. If you like a blazing hot citrus flavor this is a great additive that enhances any meal. I personally recommend if you like the traits I have described above, so I would get first in line the next time Jamie puts some up for sale! A must try powder in my honest opinion which I score at 4.5 of 5 stars. Hope you get the chance to enjoy this fine powder that can easily compete with any commercial brands.

Product in use on cracker spread.
vsest2.jpg

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy!

Great review! I enjoyed reading that and comparing it to my own thoughts. This powder is wonderful on everything...especially grilled vegetables, steak, brisket and bbq chicken.
Happy to read you enjoyed the read and I agree, tried it on all the same except vegetables. In addition I tried it on beef chili, tacos and straight up. I really like/enjoy the after taste ... now why didn't I say that in the review :/

Edit: I have some left so I'm going to try your recommendation and try it on vegetables tonight, thank you :)

Excellent review my friend :party: . I could not have described it like that in a million years. The photo is spot on for color and consistency. :fireball:

I highly recommend other powder makers to send Ramon a sample if they want an amazing review that goes above and beyond the call of duty :dance:

Excellent review my friend :party:. I could not have described it like that in a million years. The photo is spot on for color and consistency. :fireball:

I highly recommend other powder makers to send Ramon a sample if they want an amazing review that goes above and beyond the call of duty :dance:
Jamie, it took me a few days trying it various ways to see if I can come up with an assessment. I call it like I see and taste it, I can’t promise positive results with everything I try but I gave it my best shot. With yours I tried it straight up first, then on various neutral foods, followed by chili con carne and finally on cracker spread. I believe it took me a little longer than the other reviews as I was trying to hone in on more than one flavor with it, which made it harder than if it was just one pepper variety. That said, it truly is a nice blend with wonderful coloration and I hope you have the ingredients with quantities written down, just in case you want to keep reproducing the same flavor I sampled. Thanks again for allowing me to try it :)

I have a bag here that has not been opened as I am working through a box of Florida peppers from Hades. Now I am thinking it will go on some dinner tonight.
I would recommend trying some straight up, yea it’s hot so if need be try smaller quantity, there’s no sense in burning your taste buds to assess what you taste. Then when your done with that, go at it full bore and don’t hold back \o/

Edit: Jamie, forgot to mention ... looking at the other powder reviews I wrote I don't believe I did the color justice and with yours I got the idea of pouring it out onto a white sheet of papper to capture it's true color ... which I belive is important, again thanks for the feedback :)

Edit2: I ground some up with rock sea salt, sprinkled over my steak dinner tonight and the taste is wonderful on steak! Impressive zing to this powder!

JMes powders are not good at all.

Theyfreaking taste hella good. Great aroma as you open it and works well for me on everything. I have his in a salt shaker and the wife puts it on everything. Great review and on the money with the description. You know us technology generation like to see videos. Lol. Good job. My videos are up and you can view them on YT and search Loureyna Carmel. Somewhere there vids of Romy kicking my arse !!

Jaime's powders are always top notch! very very tasty!
Agreed and thank you for reading ^_^
JMes powders are not good at all. Theyfreaking taste hella good. Great aroma as you open it and works well for me on everything. I have his in a salt shaker and the wife puts it on everything. Great review and on the money with the description. You know us technology generation like to see videos. Lol. Good job. My videos are up and you can view them on YT and search Loureyna Carmel. Somewhere there vids of Romy kicking my arse !!
Thanks for reading. Agreed, I infused some salt with a good portion, goes great on steak, pork, chicken and then some :)

Back