• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Root problem in DWC hydro?

Hm, here's an update, problematic update. There a almost no progress for one whole week in DWC if you look on the roots and how long they actually are. I control nutrient solution Ph and TDS every day so I am a little bit confused when I remember from all those pics and video about hydro... Also, I had to change my nutrient solution (6-7 gallons for one plant) two times in one week because it start to stink and it is in my apartment.

Maybe because plant is still "seedling" (something more than 3 weeks old)?

When I compare it to her sisters in my parent's greenhouse, it is even worse, those plants are almost double size bigger compared to my DWC one...

I dunno where am I wrong.
:(

I'm guessing at either too little oxygen in the water/root zone or improper feeding.
Is the water getting a lot of oxygen? What is your pH and ppm's?

POTAWIE said:
I'm guessing at either too little oxygen in the water/root zone or improper feeding.
Is the water getting a lot of oxygen? What is your pH and ppm's?

Nutrient level is a little bit less than inch above net pot and tiny little root (it is like a string) is one part submerged into nutrient solution. I have 600l/hour two out air pump (bubbles all over the box) with two air stones connected, it works at half of strength because it is too loud when in max. Ph is around 6 and ppm's are 550-600, I use tap water.

One more thing, I've just checked nutrient solution (which is changed last night) and it isn't clear any more.

I am thinking to move all that outside and try then.

Back