• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

root problem?

I have two Bhuts, One is doing great and is just now starting to get loaded up with flowers and looks really healthy. My other Bhut got kicked around in a thunderstorm a little over two weeks ago and hasn't really recovered. I've immediately mulched and staked. The sick Bhut looks wilted with somewhat rubbery stems compared to the strong other Bhut and doesn't seem to want water as much as the other Bhut when I put  my probe in the soil. Are my Roots rotted? I should also mention that white blotches or rather missing patches of green started showing up on about five leaves on the "sick" Bhut. Sorry, can't take photos

Sounds like some of the roots might have been damaged in the storm.It should put out new roots and recover fine as long as there wasn't too much root damage.

It will be fine. The rubbery limbs will stiffen up and should sprout and grow fast. Yeah it set you Back a but but its like pruning. The plant will prolly end up like a bush in the end.

The side shoots were a bit rubbery so I tied them closer to the stake so they would be a bit more vertical . there is four flowers on it!

Back