• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Root Riot Plugs

I have picked up and am using about 250 root riot plugs. I like the no mess form of these plugs and they do seem to be working rather well. Have to moisten every day but no big deal. Does anyone have any idea how these plugs are formed and kept in their shape. At .30 ea, I gotta find a way to make them.

I've always wanted to try those, but they are way to expensive to ship to Japan. Might have to try and pick some up at a the local hydro store when I go back to the states in April.

CAPCOM said:
I have picked up and am using about 250 root riot plugs. I like the no mess form of these plugs and they do seem to be working rather well. Have to moisten every day but no big deal. Does anyone have any idea how these plugs are formed and kept in their shape. At .30 ea, I gotta find a way to make them.
 i was curious and looked up the patent once...

they are made by heating peat and a biodegradable polymer and some other material.  you bought alot... i would suggest not storing them wet. they break down after a while.

queequeg152 said:
 i was curious and looked up the patent once...

they are made by heating peat and a biodegradable polymer and some other material.  you bought alot... i would suggest not storing them wet. they break down after a while.
They are all in use come this weekend, Thx

Made from composted organic materials, these cubes have a great spongy texture which retains the perfect air/water ratio for healthy, rapid root growth.
The cubes are specially inoculated with micro nutrients and biologically active ingredients to nourish young plants, and to aid root development.
http://www.growthtechnology.com/product/root-riot/

google for diy soil blocks

Back