• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

rooting gel on seedlings

So i think ive used rooting gel wrong, i recently bough it and used it to transplant my seedlings to a organic sponge that is supposed to help roots and such, but now when i touch the rooting gel its like glue, have i messed up the seedlings? i know its for cuttings as i did that research after i applied the rooting gel, Will the seedlings still survive and push roots trough the gel or should i start over?

F9469C9F-D623-4428-B5AE-934F4432C255.jpg

Never used it myself (too expensive) but I know that some growers successfully do. It is intended to be used alone, not with plugs, Jiffy pellets or dirt (pic taken from FB):
1672504404009.png

Last edited:
Never used it myself (too expensive) but I know that some growers successfully do. It is intended to be used alone, not with plugs, Jiffy pellets or dirt (pic taken from FB):
1672504404009.png
Yeah i kind of figured out it wasnt supposed to be used for what i used it for, the information from the norwegian website i bough from made me think it was for seedlings as it said in the description, but after that gel turned hard it worried me as will the roots be able to push trough it?

but should i plant new seedlings or will they survive like they are now? what you think?

Reactions: Bou
Yeah i kind of figured out it wasnt supposed to be used for what i used it for, the information from the norwegian website i bough from made me think it was for seedlings as it said in the description, but after that gel turned hard it worried me as will the roots be able to push trough it?

but should i plant new seedlings or will they survive like they are now? what you think?
They look ok so I this point you better let them do their things. Next time use gel alone or any other conventional growing media!

Back