• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Roots galore

Winter time is here in Houston, i decided to select a few plants from my raised bed to overwinter (red bhut, red and yellow 7pot, fatalli, serrano, kung pao). I used the fruit nut spray that pepper-guru recommended for aphids and pests on them.

About a month ago i pruned all the plants in the raised bed to their stems. I lazily left them in the bed waiting to overwinter some and new regrowth happened whenever it got warm here.

Any ways, I used a shovel to carefully remove the overwintered candidates, but the rest, i just pull out in brute force. The root structures are pretty amazing.

overall pic of the c. annums
P1020495.jpg

Prik Kee Nu Homs roots, these guys grew back fast after pruning. Already started flowering
P1020496.jpg

overall pic of c. chinese
P1020503.jpg

close up of red 7pod, i had multiple 7pods growing, just kept one, this guy was not so lucky
P1020504.jpg

The luck ones that are overwintered, some in 1 gallon, others in 3 gallon containers
P1020506.jpg

Hey PepperJam,
Those 3 gal pots are going to "kick arse"............ :)

Keep us posted...
I just introduced mine to the flouros. After 3 days I can already see new growth pushing out, even through the "old wood"....which usually takes longer. Guess it just couldn't wait........haha.....like me.
Good luck,

Greg

Hey PepperJam,
Those 3 gal pots are going to "kick arse"............ :)

Keep us posted...
I just introduced mine to the flouros. After 3 days I can already see new growth pushing out, even through the "old wood"....which usually takes longer. Guess it just couldn't wait........haha.....like me.
Good luck,

Greg

Thanks, yea mine are in my garage. I made this box-like enclosure using white plastic liner with 8 T12 flourous hanging on chains from the roof of the garage which is adjustable. That way the plants are somewhat warmer than outside the enclosure and the light is focused to the plants only.

gotta dig mine out today. thanks for the reminder. :cheers: should be getting our first freeze this week

Back