• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

organic Roots Organic...

Anyone use their fertilizer or any of their products for that matter?

My hydro guy claims he has yielded amazing results with both Roots Organic seed starting mix and their fertilizer range. Of course, my hydro guy also tends to "push" the latest products.

Any forumites have hands-on results with this product that they would like to share?

What I can tell you is that organic fertilizers gum up hydro systems big time.
Organic fertilizers and commercial fertilizers contain the same organic chemicals; their physical form doesn't make any difference.

It is undeniable that manufactured fertilizers produce maximum yield, but the issue lies in ethical considerations about pollution and health. I think it is incorrect to assume that the motive of home gardeners is maximum production without regard to all else.

I tried a bag of their potting mix. It was really really nice. Still, I think I'll be using "Sunland Natural and Organic" again this year. I like the premium organic mixes and Sunland's is affordable and well stocked at my local OSH.

Never looked at their fertilizers, probably very good too. I'm planning on more organics next year, but that will probably be EWC, molasses, compost, kvass, etc... For brand name stuff I've used Pure Blend Pro and Espoma Tomato Tone.

Back