food RUBS

Hi everyone!
After a successful first season last year I am eagerly waiting my plant out for 2016 (CT can't decide if it's spring or winter). In the mean time I figured I would throw this out there. With all of these new pepper powders I have created, and with my current anxiousness to get my smoker up and running for the season. Does anyone have any good pepper dry rubs for the smoker they would be willing to share?

Use your favorite rub and just add pepper powder. I have tons I use but I find myself going back to my homemade base rub then adding the level of heat through pepper powder to the rub, mainly poultry since I do not like to mess with my pork or beef too much during the cook.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Use your favorite rub and just add pepper powder. I have tons I use but I find myself going back to my homemade base rub then adding the level of heat through pepper powder to the rub, mainly poultry since I do not like to mess with my pork or beef too much during the cook.

That's solid advice.  Easier to use an established rub and add heat.  Search 'Best odd rib rub' and add a tsp of hot pepper powder till you're happy with where it's at.  I used that as a base for my own rub and was really happy with the results.  :)

SmokenFire said:
That's solid advice.  Easier to use an established rub and add heat.  Search 'Best odd rib rub' and add a tsp of hot pepper powder till you're happy with where it's at.  I used that as a base for my own rub and was really happy with the results.   :)
Thanks SF, looks like a great base rub. Googled and pasted below.

1/3 cup/80 mL paprika
3 tablespoons/45 mL dry mustard
3 tablespoons/45 mL onion powder
2 tablespoons/30 mL ground basil
1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
2 teaspoons/10 mL garlic powder
2 teaspoons/10 mL red pepper (1 tablespoon/15 mL if you want it hot)

Back