beer RUCKUS BREWING HAS BOUGHT NEUWIELER BUILDING

YES FOLKS EVEN THOUGH IM NOT MUCH OF A DRINKER, I DO LOVE BEER,SO IM PUMPED ON THIS ONE!!

RUCKUS brewing co of New York has won a 1.7 mil bid to buy the old run down Neuwieler brewrey
in Allentown Pa only a few miles from my house
they won over a bid by Mango entertainment of Plantation FL which bid 1.5 mil,however it looks like the movie studio will get the 200 acre property behind the main building going right down to the Lehigh river

this is great because!! this building is sort of a landmark in my community and has been sitting empty and neglected for nearly 30 years!!, its a beautiful building that has copper flashing work all over the roof and down the sides some, it has marble Ionian style pillars at the main part of the building and its the old hard brick, it was a labor of love in it day when Louis Neuwieler had it built
my dad when i was a kid, was one of the people that worked to clean out the building, when a bid went in for it at that time but it looks as though its safe to say that fell through a long time ago, my dad used a cutting torch to cut up the old glass lined vats that where left abandoned there, and i remember he found full bottles of beer that we had setting around our house for quite a few years that he eventually got some good money from a collector for

RUCKUS if anyone knows of them is a quality Craft brew co
there will be tours as well as a restaurant and beer pairing with food program
this will add a great business and revenue that is badly needed in my area, there is more info on the internet about this, i read it in our local rag
thanks your friend Joe

8350287837_cc329c7b69_n.jpg

THANKS for the news Joe.
Back at the dawn of history (my college days :drunk: ), Neuweiler's was one of the best affordable bottled beers.
The Neuweiler's Ale was the best, just the right balance of hops without bitterness or being 'skunky' like Ballentine .
Ortleib and Yeungling were fine in the taproom but not anywhere as good in the bottle.

It would be great to see Neuweiler's recipes brewed again!

8350287837_cc329c7b69_n.jpg

THANKS for the news Joe.
Back at the dawn of history (my college days :drunk: ), Neuweiler's was one of the best affordable bottled beers.
The Neuweiler's Ale was the best, just the right balance of hops without bitterness or being 'skunky' like Ballentine .
Ortleib and Yeungling were fine in the taproom but not anywhere as good in the bottle.

It would be great to see Neuweiler's recipes brewed again!
yes they where good from what my dad and many who are older than me, unfortunately im not old enough to remember it as im only 45, Neuwieler was brewed again in the mid to late 80's by G. Hielman but they messed it up and they didn't even come close, it was worse that old rung out gym socks strained through piss water

im not clear if Ruckus will pick up the mantle with there recipes or not but it would be great if they could replicate it, i would love to let my dad try it and let him tell me if it was the same, he is 78

thanks your friend Joe

cool cool we have a brewery being built about 10 minutes from the house it called brass. never heard of them but im still stoked.

I was told it could take up to 3 years for Ruckus to "GO ACTUAL" because of how much work needs to be done, the building was left vacant 30+ years
what can you do??
its a beautiful building and a true landmark in my area so its all well worth it
thanks your friend Joe

wow they must have deep pockets to have to wait that long till one bottle is produced..
yeah so it seems and when you consider that the craft brew market is booming even in a sluggish economy, i would say this must be worth it to them

thanks your friend Joe

this is my favorite
http://www.fourpeaks.com/#/the_regulars/

of course this is 3 miles from our phoenix house, so im somewhat biased

Back