• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding "Rusty" 7Pot / Choco Bhut Cross

Last night, myself and Madhatter did a bunch of pepper tasting, one of which turned out to be a choco bhut / 7 cross. I got the plant from Madhatter who was growing out a bunch of chocolate bhuts so that's what it was supposed to be. Surprisingly the pods grew like 7s with some slight bhutish characteristics, but then the ripening started out brownish with the red kicking after and it turned into a rusty brownish. Really cool coloring so needless to say we wanted to test out the heat and see what this one is all about.

Let's just say, I thought the Red Bhut was hot! This put the bhut to shame easily. Not even in the same league. DAMN!! We've done quite a few tests over the past months with the superhots and this was the first time we were in serious trouble from that heat! It got some characteristics from the choco bhut but the heat was definitely all 7!

I will never try this one again...I'll stick to Bhuts.

Bhut Jolokia in the guiness book over 7 pots? yeah right!!

Rusty7bhutJune192010-1.jpg

chocobhut-7podjune172010.jpg

Did it have a typical brown chinense flavor? The pod color kind of reminds me of another real scorcher the Cappuccino hab

That was a very painful experience to say the least. Maybe the most pain ive felt. It was twice the heat of the red bhut for me anyways. Derek it didnt have that strong chinense brown aroma like a douglah. Just slightly. Also much more painful than a naga. Got to grow it out again to see if it will be the same. WoW!

I was wondering how this went. You guys have huge cajones let me tell ya. Twice the heat of a red B.J. eh? That is freaking insane. INSANE! How did the seeds look? How many in a pod? Good luck with them.

I was wondering how this went. You guys have huge cajones let me tell ya. Twice the heat of a red B.J. eh? That is freaking insane. INSANE! How did the seeds look? How many in a pod? Good luck with them.

After testing the various bhuts I thought, how much worse could this actually be? I was definitely not prepared for what was coming!

Not many seeds so far. Only 4 in this pod.

This picture gives me the willies:
Rusty7bhutJune192010cutopen.jpg

Cold chills? Is that a way the body combats part of it being on fire? How big of pieces did you guys eat? This is starting to make me nervous.

Wow. I have never felt like that after having a taste of naga powder.

That is hotter than lava!

Not many seeds? Sucks. Be best to stabilize that cross. Looks to be the hottest of the hot.

Cold chills? Is that a way the body combats part of it being on fire? How big of pieces did you guys eat? This is starting to make me nervous.

Patrick we always take a slice from the middle. I dont know what would happen had we had a full pepper? Thank god

After testing the various bhuts I thought, how much worse could this actually be? I was definitely not prepared for what was coming!

Not many seeds so far. Only 4 in this pod.

This picture gives me the willies:
Rusty7bhutJune192010cutopen.jpg

START ISOLATING :-D

hehe, and send me a seed or two :-P

beautiful pods.

Looks great! Just love the color on that. Plant looks quite healthy and productive too. If you need any help growing out subsequent generations, I would love to help you out with that. :cool:

Please keep the updates coming on this one.
jacob

Back