• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2022 into 2023 GLOG

My buddy asked me for seeds a couple weeks ago. I told him its to late in the season, but b sent him the seeds anyway. This will be his first time growing peppers and he is going with a small hydroponic kit he bought.
Well, because he started this late, I thought what the hell. Sooo I ordered a new heat matt (should arrive today) and went out and bought some soil. Im using the same solo cup method that has worked so well before. Two cups, top cup has holes, water from the bottom up.
I sowed (three seeds per cup) 1) REAPER 2) YELLOW NAGA REAPER 3) FATALI 4) TEPIN X LEMONDROP View attachment 108 143[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20220908_124743.jpg
    20220908_124743.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 2,903
Last edited:
AHRRRRHHHH!!!!

NOW DOWN TO JUST THREE:

1 Farmers market jalapeno

2 mystery

I lowered the heater so its not blowing across them. I also have set it so it only clicks on when it gets real cold.
I water, just a little, about every 3 days.
Why do I keep loosing my babies?
Why do these little fuckers take so long to get beefy? Wait I think I know. This is California and they are gen Z. Fucking pussiez!

Anyway PLEASE ADVISE

You need to provide some info/pix in order to make A ‘diagnosis’.
A description of your daily / weekly routines, lights, temps, etc.
Also what happens when they go down. There are awesome threads
and grow logs with growers’ processes. You might find answers there.
We’ve all been there, so hang on. So many factors makes finding
answers difficult, sometimes.

Thanks paul
Mostly obvious mistakes like adding liquid 10-10-10 WAY TO EARLY & drying them out with a space heater. Im mostly frutrated at how freaking slow they are to get hearty. These little bitty guys are soooo delicate.

Is there any trick to make them more hearty or should i just be fatherly and patient?

Hey I wrote this this afternoon, ENJOY:

AUTUMN

Like a oddly orchestrated jig wrapped around a sleepy melody the leaves dance to a rhythm that only mother nature can comprehend. With stops and dashes, falls and floats, their downward decent is excited and chaotic. The breeze seems to dictate, yet just out of its control the leaves dance to songs unheard. I, a holey insignificant observer of such, dare not move for fear of disrupting the performance at hand. Ah how I love Autumn.

Robert Peters
11/2022

I had a lot of issues with my 2022 grow when I got started that I couldn't find a proper explanation for... seedlings that just sat there and didn't want to grow and finally died.

After a lot of frustration and many retries the seeds that I germinated near the end of February grew properly. Of course, being chinenses, they were quite a bit behind. Lessons learned, I already started my 2023 plants in September-October when there was still enough natural daylight and warmth. Disadvantage is that these plants already have a reasonable size now and are even already flowering.

Last edited:
I have just added 5 varieties to the heat matt:

20221120_161749.jpg

ADDED TO SOIL 11/20/2022

BOO JUNIOR. (Standard red Ghost)

AJI LIMO

SCOTCH BONNET

SCOTCH BONNET MOA YELLOW

AJI GUYANA

When I have grown in the past I usually plant seeds right around Christmas. What I have in this Glog was an exception because my buddy in Texas wanted to try to grow peppers and had asked me for help. Sooooo, because Im down to just three seedlings I thought Id add these 5 to HOPEFULLY have a great 2023 season.

FINGERS CROSSED

Heat mat, check.
I usually start my seeds in starter cells or rockwool. The smaller space means the roots fill the cells quickly, and then the plants start to develop. I often leave them in the starters for 2, or even 3 weeks. Then they have a good root system going into the cups. Also, I like the T5HO lights - lots of illumination w/o too much heat. In a closed shelf, I don't need any other heat input. Starting in cups means the roots need to fill the space before the plants really take off. Also, For the first weeks in starter cells, I water with Rapid Start only, for good root development. Then when I transplant, AK fish, More-Bloom, and Silica Blast at half strength to begin, and full strength after the plants really get going. Then time for a little fan action every day. It doesn't take much, I usually try for an hour a day, but am often not good at keeping the routine up. Don't know if this helps, but good luck with this new round of seeds.

Last edited:
Heat mat, check.
I usually start my seeds in starter cells or rockwool. The smaller space means the roots fill the cells quickly, and then the plants start to develop. I often leave them in the starters for 2, or even 3 weeks. Then they have a good root system going into the cups. Also, I like the T5HO lights - lots of illumination w/o too much heat. In a closed shelf, I don't need any other heat input. Starting in cups means the roots need to fill the space before the plants really take off. Also, For the first weeks in starter cells, I water with Rapid Start only, for good root development. Then when I transplant, AK fish, More-Bloom, and Silica Blast at half strength to begin, and full strength after the plants really get going. Then time for a little fan action every day. It doesn't take much, I usually try for an hour a day, but am often not good at keeping the routine up. Don't know if this helps, but good luck with this new round of seeds.
Thanks Paul your input is appricated.

Just wanted to wish everyone a much deserved HAPPY THANKGIVING. For the first time ever (for me) I will be going to a restuarant for the blessed meal. My 21 yr old son has worked his way into a managerial possition at one of the best places in Sacramento. He has made arrangements for us to be wined and dined there. The restuarant is called Bennets. Look it up, the place is AWESOME.

Back