food Salmon & a Veggie Soup

Yesterday I was going to just make this Salmon Fillet dish and jasmine rice, but it was cold as heck so I decided I wanted a nice veggie soup to warm me up.

For the salmon I sautéed some green onions , a yellow habanero ,and a shallot. After that I tossed in some cilantro, tomatoes, and soy sauce. I placed the salmon on some thinly sliced sweet potato and topped with my mixture from above.

ForFish.jpg

Readyforoven-1.jpg

For my soup I used butternut and zucchini squash , a russet and sweet potatoes , a yellow onion , a few carrots , kale , a can of diced tomatoes and corn. I used allspice , ground coriander , cinnamon , and cumin for my spices. So it was a free style Moroccan type soup. I used a small scorpion pepper for heat.

I still served jasmine rice as a side.

Fishonplate.jpg

Veggiesoup.jpg

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Thanks paulky_2000 & TB ,

Salmon is about the best fish I can get in my area of Tejas. Wish I could get good Red Snapper or Parrot Fish, or the Goat Fish like in Ja. Those were some tasty fish and match my cooking style better. And they stand up good to frying.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

PD this dish sounds and looks great! I also poured through the split loin thread and it got me thinking. Two thumbs up on both dishes. Hope you make it into the Throwdowns come every first Friday of the month.

SumOfMyBits said:
PD this dish sounds and looks great! I also poured through the split loin thread and it got me thinking. Two thumbs up on both dishes. Hope you make it into the Throwdowns come every first Friday of the month.

P. Dreadie said:
SumOfMyBits , Thanks and nuff respects .

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

Hah! You're thanking him now...come Throwdown day if you enter, Sum and his SoFlo pal FD4 will make us all want to die a slow death.:rofl:

Back