misc Sam & Oliver Cinder Habanero Hot Sauce - product finalized and production complete!

I just want to take the time to follow up with everyone here who took the time and expertise to help guide me through this process.  I got some of the toughest to swallow, but best advice from these forums and none have steered me wrong.  The final label was printed by a great guy, Joe Felix from Met Speed Label.  Awesome product, awesome customer service, fast turnaround and overall standup guy.  I used a great graphic designer who helped me take all my ideas, advice and thoughts and turn them into one pretty cool looking label.  Endorphin helped me with all the red tape that literally had me on the verge of quitting more than once.  All the CT rules and FDA requirements, fees and changing policies had me about to walk away at several steps, including one where they changed the rules during the final stages of my registration, keeping my money and making me start from scratch again.  Thanks to Michael of Rippleman's for pointing me towards the light.

The thought, wisdom, expertise and patience with each of you is intangible.  Everyone from the last few threads, please know I am absolutely grateful for all of it.  TheHotPepper is an invaluable tool for resource, knowledge base and wise guys  ;) (and gals)

Without the product in hand, here's what I was sent from Endorphin Farms during production:

gallery_7830_154_1181414.jpg
gallery_7830_154_435876.jpg

Room for improvement?  I'm sure.  Hard work ahead?  Bring it on... But it's off to a great start so far and I can't wait for the next curtain to go up in this amazing stage of my life.

Most people who have the disposable income to splurge $7 for a bottle of hot sauce they may or may not like purchasing off the interwhebz treat that decision seriously.  If a reviewer can accurately describe the sauce so the watcher knows the heat level, the flavors, etc...those types of reviews can help, but not enough for a person to quit their day job.  When customers can taste it (ie...store tastings, FM...) they know if it's too hot, too much garlic....  After that, they'll feel more comfortable buying repeats from the website. 

Edit- 

Bottle Pics of the finished product (taken with iphone) - will have a professional photo shoot soon

Attachments

• Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero - Front.jpg
    Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero - Front.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero - Nutrition.jpg
    Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero - Nutrition.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero - Side Panel.jpg
    Sam & Oliver's Cinder Habanero - Side Panel.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 59
Kalitarios said:
I'm literally petrified of sending out samples to review.  I'm all for it, and I want the reviews to be candid and honest, but what if someone hates it?  Starting out it could mean a big hole to dig myself out of.
Hey there, friend. You really can't worry yourself about that, yet. Right now, you are starting out, and if you like, your friends like, the free samples are taken well, before you give peoeple a chance to review and say they hate it, sample it out to as many people as you can.

Then, once you have a pretty good idea, open yourself up to comments online. Encourage people you know to give reviews, and it will boost your presence on the internet. I recommend heavily that you don't let something like this scare you. If you have faith in your product, then you will surely succeed.

Back