labels Sam & Oliver Stoke chipotle adobo sauce label critique

Looking for critique and feedback for my 2nd line of sauces being produced very soon... Stoke Chipotle adobo sauce

After crowd sourcing the first 2 names in a contest, I had to settle on Stoke since Smokin' and Ember were both taken... so Stoke it is.

stoke1.png

The bottle layout is for a 5oz glass woozy, black top with black shrink band.  The designer and I thought we should keep the same motif and layout design, with Stoke's heat ringing in at a medium level on the heat index.  It will look similar to this, printed on a 3.25 x 5.5" rounded-corner rectangular label in gloss with over-laminate

sam bottle.jpg

Thoughts on the design?

Here's Cinder for reference:

cinder1.png

Edit: now with less "WTF happened?" on the cinder label

I absolutely think the process is great!  People (myself included) get so locked into an idea or look they can't see the forest for the trees.  And I know that there are some WAAAAAAYYYYY better graphics people around here than I am. 

Can't argue with the price, right?  ;) 
UH OH!!!! The Boss and I just agreed again!!!!!   Someone please check if there's an asteroid heading towards Earth!

salsalady said:
UH OH!!!! The Boss and I just agreed again!!!!!   Someone please check if there's an asteroid heading towards Earth!

Well hell is freezing over here.

The Hot Pepper said:
I love this process and I never comment after it's on the bottles of the products unless I see an error. I figure they've made their mind up and considered our suggestions but stuck to their guns in other areas. I remember back with LDHS' labels, he went to print and I noticed one flaw in the horseshoe and I PMed him, and he knew about it. Fixed now I'm sure. But I love this process, and I also love seeing the finished product, so don't be afraid to post it!!! LOL!!! :) For peace of mind, you may want to wait until it's on the bottle as I am sure you are doing.
More eyes = better than 2.

And yeah - there were a few things that my graphic artist has caught since and fixed. It's amazing so many people can miss so many things. Lol

20150128_150427.jpg

20150128_150511.jpg

Stoke Chipotle.jpg

Well, several name changes, some tweaks and revisions... and the product has been produced by Endorphin Farms.  Always a pleasure to work with the folks down there.

Onto the next product!

And for the record, thank you all.  You have no idea the value and worth of a community who cares enough to criticize work for the better.  I never see it as knocking down someone for the sake of spite; but criticism due where it belongs: for the greater good!

Anywho... now I get to take delivery and assemble about a bajillion hot-sauce boxes.  My hands are beginning to dry and crack just thinking about it!

Thank you, this site* (if anyone out there is reading this and considering membership) - is a must-have for anyone in, or even thinking about entering into the hot sauce fray.

*Actually it's the members ;)

Back