• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Same old question But...

I know this and I even gave this recommendation, about clipping off the blossoms but when is it enough to let the plant start blooming, I mean how many flowers should I pinch before I let them flower, I've took a few off but dnt know wen to stop

I'd just wait until the plant has properly branched out and then let it do it's thing ... in my first ever growing season last year I didn't even pinch any buds at all on my cayenne plants and they grew out to be nice bushy plants with around 70 pods on them!

Some say when they hit a foot, some don't pinh, and some say when you plant em out. I am letting them do their thing now that they are in the ground. They are still a little small (hovering around the 1 foot mark, but it would be too time consuming to pinch all the buds all the time.

Some say when they hit a foot, some don't pinh, and some say when you plant em out. I am letting them do their thing now that they are in the ground. They are still a little small (hovering around the 1 foot mark, but it would be too time consuming to pinch all the buds all the time.

Yeah, I've grown tired of pinching buds. So I'm just letting them do their thing as well. The buds have actually slowed down in growing since I've placed them outside. Of course some of that may be due to the bacteria I've exposed them to with some rotten homemade aphid killer I made up (l let it sit out for days then did another application on my plants, caused a bunch of buds to die and leaves to shrivel and fall off, been a week, but the plants are just now starting to bounce back :banghead: ).

There is no set formula, and different varieties/species react differently. Basically wait till your plant looks strong enough to support a bunch of full size pods

Well its a Red Bell pepper and Im assuming they will try to get pretty big and this is still a hard decision specially sense It cant be on the Ground, Im using a pot for the bell and the Ground for my Super hots, I am limited to the space i have as i live on an Apartment with a super small back yard

What is funny is we give advice, then have questions about the same subject.

I do not pinch any buds, myself.

I have a strawberry plant that I did NOT pinch flowers off, it has some small berries but the plant has not grown. I have another strawberry that I took the flowers off and it has grow quite a bit. I figure the pinched strawberry plant will give me more production all in all.

Back